Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 09:02 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,064,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
People ask about the difference between frugal and cheap. That's the living embodiment of it.
Similar to the difference between "eccentric" and "nuts". I like eccentric. I don't want anything to do with nuts. My Grandpa had a toilet that was a huge energy and water-saver, he called it the "Outhouse". Maybe it's time to go back to those, but maybe in a different manner than is being done in San Francisco.

Old 01-19-2021, 09:14 PM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMary100 View Post
Couple a browns hanging around for a day or two never hurt anyone. Be gross?
Fixed it for you.

And you never said why in this thread you said you lived alone, but in other threads you have a husband. I guess you just ignore it when others catch you in a lie ... always a good strategy. ()

Old 01-19-2021, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Fixed it for you.

And you never said why in this thread you said you lived alone, but in other threads you have a husband. I guess you just ignore it when others catch you in a lie ... always a good strategy. ()
Could be both scenarios are true, but hubby heads for the hills when the house starts stinking like a feed lot from too many water-saving measures.

Old 01-20-2021, 01:16 AM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
Her opening post mentioned living alone. Still, ew. Perhaps her poop smells sweet to her, the "defecator," but I can pretty much guarantee that it doesn't smell good to any one else. This reminds me of that episode of "Hoarders" where that poor afflicted person saved her poop and pee in jugs....
Some disgusting people enjoy their own farts, the smell of their armpits and , unwashed body and analyze their poop. They rub fingers between toes and eat their boogers...

Old 01-20-2021, 05:13 AM

30 posts, read 31,863 times
I probably should have wrote, having my own bathroom and living on the other side of the house has its benefits.
Sorry about that.

Water here is sold in BULK at 1000 gallons, so conservation of water is a priority. We can use 1000 gallon up fast.

Couple a browns hanging around for a day or two never hurt anyone. Be honest?
It could help many dial up some humility?

Old 01-20-2021, 08:44 AM

13,707 posts, read 12,413,557 times
Quote:
I probably should have wrote, having my own bathroom and living on the other side of the house has its benefits.
Sorry about that.

Water here is sold in BULK at 1000 gallons, so conservation of water is a priority. We can use 1000 gallon up fast.

Couple a browns hanging around for a day or two never hurt anyone. Be honest?
It could help many dial up some humility?
No, it's gross. ANd not sanitary. And even if the defecator doesn't find the initial smell revolting, as it breaks down it is disgusting. Because bacteria growth starts as soon as it exits the body.

4000 years ago the Sumerians invented clay pipes to whisk away their excrement. Outhouses, where plumbing wasn't available, were located, and have been, away from dwellings, so as not to encourage parasites and disease.

Old 01-20-2021, 08:52 AM

1,299 posts, read 822,422 times
Yikes, no. Gross. My household does "if it's yellow", but that's only for family. If a guest comes over, we flush. If it's not yellow any time, we flush. Like someone else said, people urinate multiple times a day, plus it's not breaking down into smelly compost. And it's going to cause plumbing issues to use too little liquid to flush.

Old 01-20-2021, 09:04 AM

130,047 posts, read 12,072,794 times
No, just no. If you really don't want to flush, use grey water. Ugh.

Old 01-20-2021, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondaroo View Post
Yikes, no. Gross. My household does "if it's yellow", but that's only for family. If a guest comes over, we flush. If it's not yellow any time, we flush. Like someone else said, people urinate multiple times a day, plus it's not breaking down into smelly compost. And it's going to cause plumbing issues to use too little liquid to flush.
Years ago all the tradespeople working in my Facility went out on strike. One small bathroom had a clogged urinal (that was backed up with urine in the bowl). It was a little ripe at first, but after a few weeks of inattention, got pretty bad, and you could smell it out in the hallway. Eventually my Manager said that we needed to do something about it, that it couldn't wait until the plumbers came came back to work. So, I got the rubber gloves, and ladled it into a five-gallon bucket. Well, it got REALLY ripe as it emptied and kept backing into the bowl, I got at least three gallons' worth into the bucket. When I dumped it into a janitorial mop sink nearby (in a small closet) the stench came back and hit me in the face, and I had to literally run out of the closet to avoid vomiting, it was that bad. The Upside was that when we pulled the urinal off the wall so we could rod the drain, a significant amount of residual urine sloshed out the back and onto my Boss' shoes, which leveled the playing field, I'm not sure I was able to suppress my grin enough to be convincing, LOL. That's the day that really reinforced my respect for professional Plumbers, and also K-50 rodders, what a great tool.

Anyhoo, just because it's yellow, doesn't mean it isn't full of decomposing bacteria, at least after some time has passed. "Could knock a buzzard of a schittwagon", as they say. "Managerial role", my azz.

Old 01-20-2021, 10:52 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:
If its yellow, let it mellow.. If its brown, flush it down...
Anyone else leave a couple a browns hangin around to save water?

Living alone, has its benefits.
Ugh......no.....just no. Flush that down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living