Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2021, 11:27 AM

3,887 posts, read 4,540,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMary100 View Post

Couple a browns hanging around for a day or two never hurt anyone. Be honest?
It could help many dial up some humility?
Be honest???
I think you got a lot of honest reactions here. It's fookin' disgusting! Lol!

Old 01-20-2021, 12:37 PM

50,371 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
Please don't think water is unlimited. When the glaciers are gone and there is less snow in the mountains we are in trouble because that is how our rivers continue to flow through our countries. They don't continue to circulate on land. All rivers flow into the sea. Rain does not compensate for that loss of fresh water in North America.

Have you heard about the Colorado River at it lowest ever?Surely you know this. There is a 19 year old drought in several states that depend on the river water. It is a very serious problem. There are new communities being built along the River who have been refused water by the Colorado River Compact because of the low river situation.
Source

I think all of us could save a lot of water by reducing the length of time we leave taps running in the kitchen sink, shower and bath and the times you flush paper products or leftovers down the toilet instead of using a waste basket. Also restrict the duration of watering the lawn, filling the pool, and using water to clean the driveway or front steps and patio instead of sweeping.
I guess it just depends on what you chose to believe. No matter who is right, in no way am I advocating wasting or not safeguarding our water.

I think this article is interesting...

https://www.lenntech.com/water-trivia-facts.htm

Old 01-20-2021, 01:19 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,241,235 times
Quote:
I have my own bathroom / toilet and the bathroom door is always closed.
The toilet is in a window'd room with the window open all the time. There is no smell, other than the initial letting go. And, the smell is something I observe too.. A healthy poop has a sweet, clean smell and it should be pleasant to the deficate'r
I like to leave a few hanging around in there to save water / money and its interesting to observe them and see what one looks like in comparison to the last. Things fall apart fast because I eat lots of fruit. When I eat meat, they stay bound together. Look, Im a curious frugal person and I am always looking to learn something new.

Maybe you could take pictures...

Old 01-20-2021, 01:58 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,824,628 times
OK, as long as we've been given permission to be honest, here goes. I don't think the OP has much to do with water conservation. That was an excuse. After reading this thread as well as some others started by the OP, their real desire was to brag about personal frugality and lifestyle, including diet...from input to output. I mean it was described almost with reverence. There's more to unpack here. The OP probably knows there are many other effective ways to compensate for the water used in flushing a toilet but for some reason they never came up...

Last edited by Parnassia; 01-20-2021 at 03:24 PM..

Old 01-20-2021, 02:00 PM

4,173 posts, read 2,570,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
There is the same amount of water in the world as there was at the dawn of man. All it does is keep flowing through all of us, down to the ground and up to the clouds, in a never ending circle. How many times you pee, or flush, makes no difference in the big picture.
It does make a difference when you get your water bill.

Old 01-20-2021, 03:30 PM

61,709 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Quote:
I probably should have wrote, having my own bathroom and living on the other side of the house has its benefits.
Sorry about that.

Water here is sold in BULK at 1000 gallons, so conservation of water is a priority. We can use 1000 gallon up fast.

Couple a browns hanging around for a day or two never hurt anyone. Be honest?
It could help many dial up some humility?

Go back to post #4 and see how much water is saved.
Do you also skip on showers and baths? What about washing dishes? Or clothes?
Perhaps you should invest in water saving appliances.

Old 01-20-2021, 05:35 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,068,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
Maybe you could take pictures...
Of all the things for you to suggest to the OP, I'm thinking that the others on your list (maybe for them to take up bird watching, to go bowling, to learn how to can fruit, etc.) would have been WAY better for the sake of the Board. I've seen enough washroom horrors in my life (like the time our Plumber came down to our office in a (formerly) white Tyvek suit, ready to KILL somebody for plugging up the second floor main by using paper towels to build a toilet-seat nest, and then flushing it all down, creating a softball-sized wad of unspeakable sewage the plumber had to fish out), and me having to talk him out of said murder while trying not to laugh at his being covered in yesterday's linguine.

What a career; sometimes I miss it, but mostly, not.

Old 01-20-2021, 09:15 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,768,350 times
Honestly? That's gross and disgusting.

Old 01-20-2021, 10:20 PM

10,306 posts, read 6,837,174 times
Quote:
If its yellow, let it mellow.. If its brown, flush it down...
Anyone else leave a couple a browns hangin around to save water?

Living alone, has its benefits.
Had a feeling, this thread was created by you. (It's associated with the "Peeing/pooping in the shower" thread.)

So, I'll say here, what I said there....

In before the Lock!

Old 01-20-2021, 10:36 PM

61,709 posts, read 87,101,195 times
^^^ Right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living