Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2021, 12:19 PM

6,797 posts, read 9,350,606 times

Advertisements

This is just more of a “feel good” measure that I don’t think will have an immediate impact. The order itself doesn’t contain a timeline, and the article mentions that the majority of federal vehicles are trucks, which as of right now there are no good viable options available on the market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2021, 12:34 PM

7,887 posts, read 11,408,992 times
US built? The batteries too? Heard the mining of rare components is non USA correct? Mining can be an ugly operation certainly hope its happening in someone else's back yard? Hows our electric power generation capacity? Is it good and need expanding too?

Old 01-27-2021, 07:08 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,213,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Why does it have to be done in 4 years? I think its a good idea since the govt is buying vehicles anyway. I would much rather them spend money on an american owned car company.

Because the next President could issue an EO on day 1 canceling any pending or future purchases, aka Keystone.

Old 01-27-2021, 08:42 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,328,240 times
Remember he said day 1 we are getting the 2k stimulus $$. Joe where is my $2800 for my kids you said the $600 was a down payment. I don’t need the $$ but I want it.

Old 01-27-2021, 11:04 PM

2,754 posts, read 7,422,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Well it’ll have to be a Tesla or the Chevy Bolt. Those are the only options right now.
Does the order say it has to be American companies or American-manufactured vehicles?

Old 01-28-2021, 02:52 AM

7,255 posts, read 5,126,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Why was my message deleted? I was not 'trolling.'

>>This message has been deleted by elnina. Reason: No politics on this forum, please.<<

A Reign of Terror follows every revolution to purge the society of dissenters.

Old 01-28-2021, 09:09 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,794,120 times
I think Biden is thinking 30 years ahead for the EV's. This is not going to happen over night. The technology just isn't there, but it will be. Green jobs are growing faster than then the dying fossil fuel industry.

Solar Photovoltaic installers: 50% growth

Wind Turbine Service Technicians: 60% growth

Operators oil and gas: 30% growth.

Source: Fastest growing occupations:U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.

We can put a man on the moon. We can advance green technology to make it feasible.

Heck, there are solar panels on roofs all around our village now. We would have been farther along had the oil and gas lobbyists not destroyed the EV's back in the 90's.

It's all about the coin here, we all know that.

Green technology is the wave of the future. I personally embrace it. Biden is doing what his constituents voted him in to do. The young people who will inherit this planet wants a clean place to live. I don't blame them. We have not been good stewards of this planet. This has to change.

Old 01-28-2021, 09:56 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,896,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Biden has always been big on promises and small on results. This is another example.
Biden has been President for exactly eight days. Give the man a chance!

Old 01-28-2021, 09:59 AM

7,887 posts, read 11,408,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Biden has been President for exactly eight days. Give the man a chance!
He's been in office for decades, he wont change his stripes at this age.

Old 01-28-2021, 10:53 AM

6,321 posts, read 7,044,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I think Biden is thinking 30 years ahead for the EV's. This is not going to happen over night. The technology just isn't there, but it will be. Green jobs are growing faster than then the dying fossil fuel industry.

Solar Photovoltaic installers: 50% growth

Wind Turbine Service Technicians: 60% growth

Operators oil and gas: 30% growth.

We can put a man on the moon. We can advance green technology to make it feasible.

Heck, there are solar panels on roofs all around our village now. We would have been farther along had the oil and gas lobbyists not destroyed the EV's back in the 90's.

It's all about the coin here, we all know that.

Green technology is the wave of the future. I personally embrace it. Biden is doing what his constituents voted him in to do. The young people who will inherit this planet wants a clean place to live. I don't blame them. We have not been good stewards of this planet. This has to change.

Wait....there is more from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Why don't you want to tell the COMPLETE story???

Solar Photovoltaic installers: 50% growth......Total number 12,000 employees

Wind Turbine Service Technicians: 60% growth....Total number 7,000 employees

Operators oil and gas: 30% growth.....Total number 145,000 employees in extraction, 1.5 MILLION total in industry.

Coal Industry extraction.......Total number 142,000 employees in extraction.

Oh, BTW......we CANNOT put a man or woman on the moon. The US Government cannot even put a human into low earth orbit.

How does "green technology" put a man on the moon.

Don't worry, the Chinese will be there soon. In the meantime we will be building our infrastructure of 11th century technology. WINDMILLS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living