Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2021, 08:09 AM

19,028 posts, read 27,592,838 times

Advertisements

What reminds of:
American general was assigned a house with garden and servants, gardener included, in Okinawa.
General was well verse in Japanese traditions, so he called upon gardener and ordered him not to use "any of your Japanese fertilizer in the garden" (in Japan, human refuse is used for that purpose)
Ever since, gardener duly used only the general and his family one.

Old 08-22-2021, 08:14 AM

2,409 posts, read 1,528,388 times
Tmi

Old 08-22-2021, 09:04 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,033,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post
This made me laugh! We have three dogs and the second they poop, out of nowhere the flies are upon their feast. My big question is where are the flies hiding that they can swoop in seemingly within seconds of the big event? This happens while out on a walk with the dogs and also in the backyard. It's almost instantaneous.
They're everywhere. I think most people just don't pay attention to flies and other insects lurking around because they're small and people aren't making a point of looking for them when they go outside. But they are everywhere - when they aren't flying around they're hiding under tree and plant leaves, they're in flowers and in the grass and in the soil, sitting on tree trunks, utility poles, walls, roofs, sun-warmed rocks, hitching rides on animals and humans drinking their blood, sweat and tears. Just waiting for something to either defecate or die so they have another thing to eat or to lay eggs on so their larvae that hatch will consume the decomposing leftovers. They've evolved to consume what everything else discards as waste or to feed off anything that isn't fast enough to get away from them.

Old 08-22-2021, 10:18 AM

12,040 posts, read 8,418,487 times
Relieving oneself out-of-doors should be the easy part if you aren't too modest. As a motorcyclist I know only too well the unexpected necessity of this.

The more challenging aspect of the natural process for humans is the desire, both aesthetically and for health reasons, to cleanse one's fertilizer processor after production.

Our U.S. pioneers on their long trek westward, faced with this very dilemma, learned by trial and error natural solutions to their problem. And woe be to he who chose the wrong plant for his experiment.

https://urbansurvivalsite.com/ways-t...paper-is-gone/

A small gaggle of geese invaded my swimming hole recently and I learned something new. They have little concern for the cleansing aspects of defecation. Should a dangler cause distress a simple flick of the large webbed foot rearward solves the problem.

After a noisome week of watching them enjoying my private beach I thought I knew why Rabelais once suggested using their downy feathered necks as a substitute for toilet paper.

https://knowledgenuts.com/why-you-sh...a-gooses-neck/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living