Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2022, 10:08 AM

542 posts, read 447,663 times

Advertisements

Anyone using No tricks zone website should be embarrassed. It is a sham pseudo scientific site that is riddles with misrepresentations and lies.

Here is a descent summary of their tactics they/he use.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/40...rming-is-myth/

Richard misrepresents and misinterprets these papers in many instances. For example, NTZ misrepresented a graph from a 2017 paper that intentionally removed the long term global warming trend so researchers could investigate other trends in the record — a fact that went unmentioned in his post. NTZ reported on the graph (below) as if it were evidence that global temperatures were flat, despite the fact that the post had intentionally and explicitly removed that signal:

The scary part is that people lap this nonsense up. This dishonesty and lies of the climate change deniers is staggering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2022, 11:27 AM

12,384 posts, read 9,483,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandViking View Post
Anyone using No tricks zone website should be embarrassed. It is a sham pseudo scientific site that is riddles with misrepresentations and lies.

Richard misrepresents and misinterprets these papers in many instances. For example, NTZ misrepresented a graph from a 2017 paper that intentionally removed the long term global warming trend so researchers could investigate other trends in the record — a fact that went unmentioned in his post. NTZ reported on the graph (below) as if it were evidence that global temperatures were flat, despite the fact that the post had intentionally and explicitly removed that signal:

The scary part is that people lap this nonsense up. This dishonesty and lies of the climate change deniers is staggering.
It is interesting that the conspiracy people have a few scientific cranks and conspiracy sites that they absolutely view as credible, but the National Academy of Sciences, the American Physical Society, etc - they flatly reject what they have to say.

There is just as much agreement on the fundamentals of climate change as there is that the Apollo moon landing was real. You can always find people who say the moon landing was faked, and tell you a whole story explaining that "theory". The conspiracy crowd clings to these outliers and insist that only they tell "the real truth".

Old 09-26-2022, 01:45 PM

3,506 posts, read 762,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
The earth is warming due to the increasing greenhouse gases that we generate, which trap radiant solar energy here. The more we increase these gases, the greater the warming.
the greater the warming the greater the evaporation of the oceans which in turn means the greater the moisture content in the sky which means the greater amount of rain which falls which means the cooler the earth gets which means the greater the greenhouse gets the cooler and wetter the earth gets .. why cant we create artificial ozone ? cant be nothing but a few molecules of certain chemicals ,, lightning makes it .

Old 09-26-2022, 01:53 PM

7,246 posts, read 5,117,125 times
Quote:

Actually, the description sounds like they're talking about Snopes.

Informed, analytical thinkers don't need someone else to tell them what is good info and what isn't.
You know what they say about staying silent and risk looking stupid...

Last edited by guidoLaMoto; 09-26-2022 at 02:16 PM..

Old 09-26-2022, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1973PINTO View Post
the greater the warming the greater the evaporation of the oceans which in turn means the greater the moisture content in the sky which means the greater amount of rain which falls which means the cooler the earth gets which means the greater the greenhouse gets the cooler and wetter the earth gets .. why cant we create artificial ozone ? cant be nothing but a few molecules of certain chemicals ,, lightning makes it .
Right. It's a negative feedback system-- one that resists change. ...A positive feedback system multiplies change and can't exist for long-- it blows up. Cf- feedback on the PA system or Ella Fitzgerald breaking the crystal goblet.

The very fact that we're still here after 3.5 Billion years proves it's a negative feedback system. The sky is not falling.

Old 09-26-2022, 02:10 PM

Quote:
It is interesting that the conspiracy people have a few scientific cranks and conspiracy sites that they absolutely view as credible, but the National Academy of Sciences, the American Physical Society, etc - they flatly reject what they have to say.
:
That's really funny. You look for credibility from the very people with the most to gain (other than the politicians) from perpetuating the lies. A fact of life in the research world-- You get no more research money when you prove something is NOT a problem.

The dissipation of ethics among the scientific community has reached criminal levels in recent decades. In climatology specifically, I deduce you are not familiar with "Climategate?"
https://intellectualtakeout.org/2019...n-years-later/

Then on the morning of 17 November 2009 a Pandora’s box of embarrassing CRU information exploded onto the world scene. A computer hacker penetrated the university’s computer system and took 61 Megs of material that showed the CRU had been manipulating scientific information to make global warming appear to be the fault of mankind and industrial CO2. Among many other scandals, the shocking leaked emails showed then-CRU-director Prof. Phil Jones boasting of using statistical “tricks” to remove evidence of observed declines in global temperatures.

Old 09-26-2022, 02:31 PM

542 posts, read 447,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
Actually, the description sounds like they're talking about Snopes.

Informed, analytical thinkers don't need someone else to tell them what is good info and what isn't.
You know what they say about staying silent and risk looking stupid...
Advice you ignore.

A keyboard warrior climate denier who claims to be an analytical thinker based on articles/websites from No Trick zone and discredited data forgers like ole Humlum. How embarrassing. An analytical thinker would NEVER use those sources and risk the deserved ridicule.

Last edited by TheGrandViking; 09-26-2022 at 02:42 PM..

Old 09-26-2022, 03:13 PM

12,384 posts, read 9,483,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
That's really funny. You look for credibility from the very people with the most to gain (other than the politicians) from perpetuating the lies. A fact of life in the research world-- You get no more research money when you prove something is NOT a problem.

The dissipation of ethics among the scientific community has reached criminal levels in recent decades. In climatology specifically, I deduce you are not familiar with "Climategate?"
https://intellectualtakeout.org/2019...n-years-later/

Then on the morning of 17 November 2009 a Pandora’s box of embarrassing CRU information exploded onto the world scene. A computer hacker penetrated the university’s computer system and took 61 Megs of material that showed the CRU had been manipulating scientific information to make global warming appear to be the fault of mankind and industrial CO2. Among many other scandals, the shocking leaked emails showed then-CRU-director Prof. Phil Jones boasting of using statistical “tricks” to remove evidence of observed declines in global temperatures.
I am a PhD chemist and am in the research world myself. I have worked in a national lab, as well as corporate R&D labs for 30 years. What you're implying, that *this* problem was made up so that people have something to work on, is nonsense. Again, this is millions of scientists who are in consensus, not half a dozen, and the overwhelming majority of them, like me, have zero to gain, whether climate change is a thing or not, and whether it's caused by man's activities or not - they're working on other problems! I, for example, work as a Director of Research Informatics in Pharma and Biotech. I won't make one dollar more, or less, regardless of these answers. But I understand very clearly the fundamental questions and their answers here - it's not hard to figure out! I was aware of this back in the late 1980s when colleagues in grad school were visiting Antarctica to collect ice cores reflecting historical atmospheric composition for their research. It was clear then what was going on - in broad strokes, decades ago.

I am not going to go on with you indefinitely on this - this has been going on for 30 years, and I've had these debates with the conspiracy crew - it doesn't matter what I know, it doesn't matter what I understand, it doesn't matter what I say - they *WANT* to believe it's a conspiracy, and so there's simply no way to change their minds. It's just a waste of energy.

If you want to rant about conspiracies though, you should do that in the politics and controversies forum. This is supposed to be a forum for people interested in environmental issues and environmentally responsible practices, not for enemies of those things to try to stir up fights with people who want to make things better.

Why don't you start a "Long Live Coal!" forum, and then you and your mates can all rant and rave about the "climate change hoax" together and have a good old time.

Last edited by OutdoorLover; 09-26-2022 at 04:08 PM..

Old 09-26-2022, 07:11 PM

35,016 posts, read 16,972,291 times
Quote:
Look at the weather data for this day in 1957, the year I was born (link). The weather was almost identical today. So it normally is with year-after-year comparisons. If you insist on panicking, go ahead. Not on my dime.
Quote:
If you want to rant about conspiracies though, you should do that in the politics and controversies forum. This is supposed to be a forum for people interested in environmental issues and environmentally responsible practices, not for enemies of those things to try to stir up fights with people who want to make things better.

Why don't you start a "Long Live Coal!" forum, and then you and your mates can all rant and rave about the "climate change hoax" together and have a good old time.
So only one opinion is permitted? Sounds like something for the Religion forums.

Old 09-27-2022, 01:58 AM

Quote:
I am a PhD chemist and am in the research world myself. I have worked in a national lab, as well as corporate R&D labs for 30 years. What you're implying, that *this* problem was made up so that people have something to work on, is nonsense. Again, this is millions of scientists who are in consensus, not half a dozen, and the overwhelming majority of them, like me, have zero to gain, whether climate change is a thing or not, and whether it's caused by man's activities or not - they're working on other problems! I, for example, work as a Director of Research Informatics in Pharma and Biotech. I won't make one dollar more, or less, regardless of these answers. But I understand very clearly the fundamental questions and their answers here - it's not hard to figure out! I was aware of this back in the late 1980s when colleagues in grad school were visiting Antarctica to collect ice cores reflecting historical atmospheric composition for their research. It was clear then what was going on - in broad strokes, decades ago.

I am not going to go on with you indefinitely on this - this has been going on for 30 years, and I've had these debates with the conspiracy crew - it doesn't matter what I know, it doesn't matter what I understand, it doesn't matter what I say - they *WANT* to believe it's a conspiracy, and so there's simply no way to change their minds. It's just a waste of energy.

a) Antarctica is cooling, not warming, so I'd check the credibility of those friends., https://climatesciencenews.com/2021-...-40-years.html

2) Being in pharm research, then I suppose you 're well aware of the "cholesterol problem" fraud-- Statins only shown to improve primary outcomes when results are held to a disingenuous p = 0.10 standard, yet forced upon a naive public, and for secondary outcomes fraudulently reported as 33% improvement (RRR) when it's more accurately described as a 2% improvement (ARR)...And tell us about Aricept...There are a plethora of other examples without even getting into the CoV vax profits scandal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living