Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 03:44 PM

Location: North of the Cow Pasture and South of the Wind Turbines
856 posts, read 2,927,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
My last Chevy truck was the worst pile of junk I have ever owned. It was a 99 silverado. Bad Bad Bad. My Toyota, an 85, has gone 360,000 miles with very few repairs. I wouldn't ever have gotten that much use out of my Chevy as it was constantly in the shop for serious repairs. My extended warranty paid for itself about 5 times over. The Toyota is still my only vehicle and when it takes its final dirt nap I will buy another Toyota. By the way I am from a "G.M. only" family as my grandfather was a V.P. of G.M.
Only 350,000? My 86 has 470,000 and has only required gas oil and tires... If you have rust Toyota is buying back at full excellent condition Kelly BB value currently I think 85 to 96? I will check back with that.

Edit only 95-2000

http://blog.lexus.com/2008/03/living-up-to-ou.html

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95993
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 06:42 AM

6,021 posts, read 14,120,132 times
I love my old 85 but I really do need a newer rig . Last winter I was crossing the northern rocky mountains and my air filter iced up in a blizzard, we were stranded for a while. I don't want to sell it but really no rig will last forever and that scary mountain crossing was not fun. I'm going to have to make a few more crossings this winter and not looking forward to it. The 85 Toyota was a unique model as it still had both straight axles but it also had computerized F.I. Folks make rock crawlers out of them by giving them a super lift, putting on huge tires and the small block Chevy engine conversion. I want to get a land cruiser or one of the larger 4 runners so we can cruise with passengers. The rust and beat up appearance is a bit embarrassing at times. Everywhere we go ours is the oldest, most rotten looking rig on the road. New cars everywhere these days it seems, where do all these folks get their money from ?

Old 10-03-2008, 06:46 AM

42,069 posts, read 75,537,930 times
Toyota isn't doing anything that any other manufacturer does -- obfuscate to make themselves look good. Why single out Toyota?

Old 10-19-2008, 08:35 PM

65 posts, read 242,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
My last Chevy truck was the worst pile of junk I have ever owned. It was a 99 silverado. Bad Bad Bad. My Toyota, an 85, has gone 360,000 miles with very few repairs. I wouldn't ever have gotten that much use out of my Chevy as it was constantly in the shop for serious repairs. My extended warranty paid for itself about 5 times over. The Toyota is still my only vehicle and when it takes its final dirt nap I will buy another Toyota. By the way I am from a "G.M. only" family as my grandfather was a V.P. of G.M.
Rickers, sorry you feel that way. My daily driver is a 95 Chevy Silverado K1500 that has gave my very few problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living