Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 04:25 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,372,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Bwaahaaahaaahaaahaaa!

You are sure that scientists on the other side were bribed, but equally sure that scientists on the side that you espouse were NOT bribed?

See my comment above.

By the way, last I heard, solar energy was a commercial interest. Wind energy was a commercial interest. The entire green movement is a commercial interest (and I'm an EcoBroker, I should know!).

See, I support sustainable energy and ecologically sound actions, and I STILL know that both sides have something financial to gain or lose. Because that's just how it works in the real world.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:18 PM

245 posts, read 318,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Why don't we stick with what we know. AEI offered $10,000 for scientist to write anti-global warming articles. That just one of a number of climate change denier organizations that have been similarly exposed. It's nothing new.

About 90% of the anti-climate change rhetoric on this site is straight from those organizations. I suspect most of the deniers on this site are unpaid drones.
Yes we do know fossile fuel companies never made such large profits before and like to keep it that way, by spreading false info from "scientists" against climate-scientists.
I have never seen any such accusations about the other side.

Differens is the old side have lots of profits to spend, the new side only have investments to make.

NASA is trying to do smth about all paid misleading info, with oil-Bush gone there will be a Change, I like to see some in jail as are risking lives on earth in worst case.
I dont know which side is right, just have a good guess and we have to change energy-systems anyway, so why not do it now and take less risks?

To sell out future life on earth is a lot worse than Hitler and Stalin did!

As far as I know, 10.000 dollars and expenses paid are a good amount for those not so well paid in our global world, they have no reputation at stake as non climate-scientists.

Last edited by Najt; 01-12-2009 at 09:35 PM..

Old 01-14-2009, 10:33 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,369,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Najt View Post
2 years old and still the same or worse?

Guardian:

Scientists offered cash to dispute climate study | Environment | The Guardian

BBC(?) also had an one hour documentary about almost the same, Fred Singer getting money for denial again and Bush's staff changing alarms etc. One in the White house was a lawyer from Exxon, after censoring reports he got a well paid job with Exxon, politicians went that way also. One admitted it all and changed 180 degrees: "We must put political disputes aside and do all we can to stop climate-problems"
Anyone who knows more of above?

Does Obama seem to be on a good Change path now?

(No sceptic issues against climate-change in this thread also please, as we have seen everywhere before)

Since I'm not a climatologist either, give me ten grand and I'll say there's no global warming too! Give me another grand and a night with your sister and I'll throw in a flat earth!

Old 01-14-2009, 12:23 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
I agree that both sides have had money thrown at them. many of the global warming scirntist are dependent on funding for their studies agianst others.Just as the global warming peoploe are elad by politicans with a vested interest like Gore.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:39 PM

4,731 posts, read 9,942,023 times
Wow! You mean businesses actually pay scientists, government officials and politicians to lie and cover up the truth! And our governments actually put making some pocket money and having a big corporation owe them a favor ahead of the needs of the people?! Totally amazing!

OK, all sarcasm aside, it's a sad but hard truth -- if you want to know what's really going on, you have to follow the money. Both sides of this debate have done some pretty low bribing, pandering and lobbying. Neither side is above spinning the information to confuse people... knee jerk reactions make money and the media feeds our fear everyday. It's called marketing!

In the end, I just hope that there is enough valid information recognized (from both sides) that an appropriate plan of action can be executed which 1) actually identifies and solves some of the more pressing problems; 2) isn't excessive or extreme, nor dismissive or passive; and 3) doesn't bankrupt the people while making huge amounts of money for the corporations and government!

Old 01-31-2009, 11:14 PM

266 posts, read 1,002,460 times
Global warming was the fastest growing religion on mother gaia. However, after this icy, frozen winter some of the acolytes are drifting away?
Maybe on ice flows???
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr................

Old 02-01-2009, 12:56 AM

3,853 posts, read 12,863,253 times
You guys don't understand the big money politics of global warming. You see, there is lots of global warming extremism going on because the power elite want to put a tax on carbon. This is essentially a tax on all life (ANTI-LIFE). Everything is made of carbon and has carbon elements in it. It is also a tax on virtually every aspect of life. To say the least a tax of this magnitude would be INCREDIBLY lucrative, even more lucrative than oil profits.

The people who own the majority of oil companies are also insiders to the power elite. The largest oil company came from Rockefeller's Standard Oil. Rockefeller is a huge supporter of world government, it is no surprise that he literally funded the entire building of the UN. Also notice that the UN takes a strong stance in support of global warming. They could careless if they have to trash a couple billion in oil profits if it means they can push a multi billion dollar tax on the people. Go the extra mile, do the research on what is really going on. Follow the money.

YouTube - Global warming and the Carbon Tax Scam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45pNNrGnMC4

Go the extra mile, do the research, verify ALL facts!

Last edited by killer2021; 02-01-2009 at 01:05 AM..

Old 02-01-2009, 01:01 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
america has found a cost efficient way to deal with global warming, - denial.

Old 02-01-2009, 01:05 AM

3,853 posts, read 12,863,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
america has found a cost efficient way to deal with global warming, - denial.
Have you done any in depth research yourself, sir, or are you taking the propaganda you see on tv as truth?

I can't stress this enough, you've got to go the extra mile, get the facts do your homework!

Old 02-01-2009, 12:21 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,285,627 times
So if we tax carbon and everything that makes say, CO2, does that mean we have to cut down every tree that doesn't pay it's taxes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living