Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 11:10 AM

17,633 posts, read 22,626,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
Tsk Tsk. 12V battery pump.
Shame on you.
How could you even suggest such a thing.

fer over four lustrums i've bean cuttin' firewood & doing physical chores aroun my forested mountain place.

nowadays my achin' back tells me i better figger out easier ways of doing stuff....................................... ...................................... ........

so i think...& i think...............

Y'all have a Great Day now............................

Old 04-08-2009, 01:25 PM

23,587 posts, read 70,358,767 times
"She admitted she had the agreement and our house is there, she is refusing to settle, so we will be cutting some trees down this weekend so they can season for next winter. When she hears the chain saw and a few other things I have planned, she may decide she needs to make a move....if she thinks we are planning for a future there."

Woodstock II? Pagan festivals? Propane cannons? Auto junkyard? Oil well? Skunk farm?

Old 04-08-2009, 01:34 PM

300 posts, read 1,455,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
"She admitted she had the agreement and our house is there, she is refusing to settle, so we will be cutting some trees down this weekend so they can season for next winter. When she hears the chain saw and a few other things I have planned, she may decide she needs to make a move....if she thinks we are planning for a future there."

Woodstock II? Pagan festivals? Propane cannons? Auto junkyard? Oil well? Skunk farm?

Oh my goodness....one of those above is actually correct! You are good Mr. Chickpea...very good!

Old 04-08-2009, 02:25 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,953,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea; [B
Pagan festivals?[/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Breath View Post
Oh my goodness....one of those above is actually correct! You are good Mr. Chickpea...very good!

The one in bold print perhaps?

Old 04-08-2009, 02:45 PM

17,633 posts, read 22,626,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
The one in bold print perhaps?

Yep, my guess too..........................

Thankyou, Darlin', u2 (think).................i tried to rep u2 but they woodn't doit...............................

Old 04-08-2009, 03:52 PM

946 posts, read 2,603,328 times
My folks lived with solar for almost 15 years. My dad designed the system from leftover (i.e. barely used) solar panels from a university solar project and forklift batteries (buy the forklifts at auction, just for the batteries). They have a separate solar panel for the well, works fine. They finally put in a power line so they could have an answering machine and freezer. However, everything is set up to be so energy efficient (massive insulation, wood heat with water heating jacket to push hot water upstairs into the hot water tank, low-energy appliances like a washing machine that spins vertically instead of horizontally) that their power bills are 10-15$ a month. In my opinion, the best of both worlds.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:25 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Breath View Post
I'd have a little fun. I know some people with (legally owned) machine guns. Shooting get together every weekend! Between the machineguns and my incredibly loud hunting rifles...

I wish you the best of luck with what you're trying to do, it's about the same as me, sorta, only I'm be starting from scratch (build log cabin, etc., on what's truly wilderness land) in a much different place...that old house will be quite nice when it's fixed up! I've always liked older houses...

Old 04-08-2009, 06:41 PM

23,587 posts, read 70,358,767 times
Hmmm... Hi, cold weather lover. Chrome plated by any chance? I seem to know someone like that who lives in the northeast.

Back when I did photography as a profession, one of my nicer jobs was photographing a gun collection. The D.A. (Doughy *ss) had gotten it into his little mind that this collector was a threat to society. I photographed a lot of beautiful history as part of the collector's defense. (Did a durned good job and got paid well, to boot.) I wish I knew 1/100th of what that guy did about guns.

I mentioned propane cannon. This looks even more interesting. Dig a well to insert the body of the mortar for safety. DD-B » mortar (Don't try this at home folks.)

Old 04-09-2009, 12:28 PM

300 posts, read 1,455,648 times
LOL some of you know me all too well!

Well today I am picking up another gallon of paint and some scrapers and such, a few things from the old house and the dogs, food to eat and some blankets and pillows. We are going to head down to the farm and stay until Tuesday, going back and forth to feed chickens and a few other things. I got some free plants from FreeCycle (iris, lilies, cannas, shrubs and such) and will be picking those up today as well. We will be, planting, cleaning, painting and fixing the next few days.

I will take lots of pics and post them next week. I may try to get online at my daughter's in the next few days and let everyone know how it is going. One thing we found out yesterday, we will be replacing one piece of sub floor in the kitchen and Chris will be working on 2 floor joist as well. After that, it is scrape, clean and paint!

Everyone have a fantastic weekend, a great Easter and do something fun and exciting with YOUR FAMILY!!!!!!!

Cyndi

Old 04-10-2009, 01:19 PM

182 posts, read 780,016 times
SO wonderful to hear that you are finally IN the new/old house FB . . . so happy for you . . your life is NOW beginning .. )

God bless !!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living