Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 06:44 PM

822 posts, read 2,047,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Show me a Supreme Court order stopping him, Sparky.
Hopefully one will come.

Otherwise, we will have departed completed from the concept of how this country was founded.

The President and Congress are supposed to have limited, not unlimited powers. Virtually none of the recent actions taken by either have any Constitutional basis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 05:13 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,070,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp1969 View Post
Hopefully one will come.

Otherwise, we will have departed completed from the concept of how this country was founded.

The President and Congress are supposed to have limited, not unlimited powers. Virtually none of the recent actions taken by either have any Constitutional basis.
Aw, now you've got me all teary eyed.

ROFLMAO

Old 05-17-2009, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsprit View Post
Strawman false argument, rlchurch. It certainly helps to expose your avoidance of the topic at hand.

Nobody claimed the "end is near" on religious grounds.

Nobody here decried the development of antibiotics, pasteurization of milk, flouridation of water, commercial air travel, etc. .. as you would allege is a hysterical irrational cry of doom

What was cited was actual shrinking supply of needed consumer goods; ie, food production, and substantial increases in the costs of production and retail prices to consumers.

It's a fact that near food riots have happened in several countries due to the substantial increases in the cost of corn and rice.

It's a fact that if the Gov't encourages more corn production to meet a mandated ethanol supply, that other crops will be taken out of production in favor of the more valuable corn which will not be going into the food supply.

It's a fact that domestic soybeans have been taken out of production to favor corn, which has already adversely affected the soy oil availability for food as well as bio-diesel production.

It's a fact that if the Gov't places an additonal taxation burden upon the costs of energy, specifically electricity ... that the production, processing, storage, transportation, and distribution and retail sales costs will go up dramatically to the consumer. Placing that additional burden upon the energy costs will not increase production of needed goods, but stifle them.

And it's a fact that Safeway is not a producer of food stuffs, but a distributor and retailer of them. Food doesn't originate on the shelves of a Safeway store. That's a FACT, rlchurch ... which apparently your superior mind is unable to grasp.

Since it's readily apparent that you'd consider the "hillbilly" lifestyle to be well beneath your dignity (if not your abilities ...), I know you're not going to be raising food when the shortages become more apparent than they already are. I hope you're looking forward to your new "diet". I know what your degrees will be worth when the time comes, and how helpful your attitude will be to getting food.
How about a prediction. When will he shelves of Safeway be empty? LOL I love these Chicken Little stories.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Aw, now you've got me all teary eyed.

ROFLMAO
Get up off the floor and say something that refutes what I said.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:14 AM

Quote:
How about a prediction. When will he shelves of Safeway be empty? LOL I love these Chicken Little stories.
You're making an awfully grand assumption that people will keep working their butts off to feed the likes of you.

It's not that there won't be food...just none for you.

The day is coming that liberals are going to have to figure out how to produce something, not take it from someone who can.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:37 AM

Quote:
You're making an awfully grand assumption that people will keep working their butts off to feed the likes of you.
Oh as opposed to your assertion that an entire nation of farmers is going to stop producing because some Internet troll say so. LOL You're really funny

Quote:
It's not that there won't be food...just none for you.
Oh I'll be banned from the Safeway, because you say so? Cool, I hope you're the one at the door trying to enforce that.
Quote:
The day is coming that liberals are going to have to figure out how to produce something, not take it from someone who can.
Last time I checked the liberal states of California, New York, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, etc all produced plenty of agriculture. Then there's always imports. Moderator cut: No insults

Last edited by vec101; 05-17-2009 at 09:03 PM..

Old 05-17-2009, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Get up off the floor and say something that refutes what I said.
What's to say??? You hope for a Supreme Court decision, Moderator cut: No personal attacks or insults of what a group of people believed 200+ years ago.

Last edited by vec101; 05-17-2009 at 05:11 PM.. Reason: Personal insult Reported by another poster

Old 05-18-2009, 10:36 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Hmmm. A lot of wheat farmers in my area are letting more of their fields over to CRP. Since all those city folks who seem to think they know best keeps jacking with the price of fuel, its more profitable to not farm. They will only plant if the price of wheat climbs.

I have cut my herd of cattle down enough to sustain me with enough money year to year.

I am not the only one. Cattle feed is expensive as is hay for winter feed.

So enjoy your jacked up prices at Safeway.

Courtesy of the farmers who enjoy the payback on some of the lunacy emitting from D.C.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Hmmm. A lot of wheat farmers in my area are letting more of their fields over to CRP. Since all those city folks who seem to think they know best keeps jacking with the price of fuel, its more profitable to not farm. They will only plant if the price of wheat climbs.

I have cut my herd of cattle down enough to sustain me with enough money year to year.

I am not the only one. Cattle feed is expensive as is hay for winter feed.

So enjoy your jacked up prices at Safeway.

Courtesy of the farmers who enjoy the payback on some of the lunacy emitting from D.C.
I think food prices are too cheap, so jack away. Moderator cut: No personal attacks

Last edited by vec101; 05-20-2009 at 04:44 AM.. Reason: Reported post - Personal attack

Old 05-19-2009, 04:59 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
[quote=rlchurch;8879042]I think food prices are too cheap, so jack away. Moderator cut: No personal attacks

Sorry, paid for. DOH!!

As is my plane I inherited. So I don't feel guilty flying wherever I please emitting CO2 along the way.

I won't change my lifestyle one bit.

Feel free to keep trying, though.

Last edited by vec101; 05-20-2009 at 04:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living