Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2009, 02:38 AM

2 posts, read 5,862 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I’ve just joined because I’ve designed a system to reuse communal shower water in our office and I’d like some comments on if it will work and be safe etc! You’ll need to view the image to understand it

Thank You!
Tara
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 12:04 PM

273 posts, read 655,895 times
You must have other needs for water rather than placing treated water in people's eyes and mouth.

Not saying it's not cool design; it is. I would use your treated water to wash clothes or dishes (with proper heat and drying). Landscaping and janitorial come to mind. What bigger waste is there than washing a car?

Old 09-29-2009, 07:07 AM

2 posts, read 5,862 times
Thanks for your reply and ideas!

I should mention that we are in the Philippines where the mains water supply is not clean.

The water that comes out of this eight stage slow sand filter has passed though reed beds, activated carbon, pumice and then through an industrial strength UV lighting system. It will probably be far cleaner than the origional mains water that was used to shower in! So you can see why it would seem a waste to use it on the lawn

We'll also test this water on a routine basis to make sure it's always at a high standard.

If anyone can offer ways to improve the system, or perhaps even unforseen dangers of using it, please let me know!

Tara
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living