Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2010, 10:52 AM

4 posts, read 13,700 times

Advertisements

Just got a job offer, finally after a year layoff, unfortunately it's on the east coast so I need some help finding a good place in the area they want me to live. Basically where they want me to be is north of I85, west of 501, east of 29, preferrably somewhere along the 158 'corridor' since some of the work will be in southern VA. Wasn't sure if this area would fall under the Triad category, so if there's a better section to post this please let me know. The towns they suggested were Yanceyville, Reidsville, and Roxboro. I don't know much about these places and researching them on the site, they don't sound very appealing. I'm currently 2,500 miles away so I can't just drop by and check them out.
Is there anywhere else in that general area that I should check out? I'm single and currently live in a small town with a pop. of maybe 4k. I don't want to end up in another small town, would like to be in or very near somewhere with a larger population, say up to 50-60k. Hopefully somewhere that would have some houses for rent somewhere in the $500-$800/month area. If there's a NF or public land nearby that would be a plus, but doesn't look like there's any there. I would really appreciate any info, suggestions, etc as they are pushing me to be moved in somewhere around the first week of July. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 01:01 PM

5 posts, read 8,075 times
Default congrats!

Congrats on finding a job! The area you are looking for is a pretty rural area. To the south the largest town is going to be Burlington/Alamance County area. Nice area-Elon University is there-very small college feel for that town. Anything north of Burlington all the way to VA border is going to be country/rural areas. If that is what you are looking for that would probably be great. It's about an hour from Burlington to Danville, VA. I would guess the further you get from Burlington the cheaper the rent but there is lots of rental properties in Burlington due to college kids there. Good luck!

Brad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point