Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2010, 12:13 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,596,920 times

Advertisements

Hi, I like a road trip but I also like trains. I was thinking of taking the train from Durham to High Point to look at furniture (I realize it's not all that far away, it's just for fun). I figure I could call a cab when I get there and take a cab back, or is there a showroom within walking distance of the train?

Maybe this is a weird idea.

Edited to add that I meant the High Point train station but failed to mention that in the title...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2010, 02:55 PM

3,576 posts, read 10,653,670 times
You should be able to easily walk from the station to the Atrium Furniture Mall. Just don't forget that the majority of the furniture stores and showrooms there are NOT open to the public.

The Atrium Furniture Mall on North Carolina's Best Directory

Old 06-11-2010, 08:51 AM

2 posts, read 2,858 times
Just an fyi...there are over 40 furniture stores that ARE open to the public and scattered all over High Point. Huffman Koos, Capa, Adams Furniture, EJ Victor, Ashely Interiors, Stickley Furniture are all stores close to the train station and walkable. The Atrium Furniture Mall is no longer open to the public, they are strictly wholesale now. There are some larger stores on business 85, just 7 minutes drive from downtown High Point. Furnitureland South is the largest; the size of 19 football fields. Boyles Furniture, Drexel Heritage, Thomasville, Furniture Avenue Galleries, Abu Oriental Rug and Home Furnishings are others clustered around Furnitureland South. The train is a great idea, since they have added the mid day train.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:52 AM

1,492 posts, read 7,712,474 times
Amtrak will take you right downtown! And (if money is limited or you are adventurous) there is a city bus that runs.

Furniture Land South is where everyone I know goes- but we are not experts by any means.

Old 06-17-2010, 01:36 PM

236 posts, read 552,553 times
Take the Amtrak. It is inexpensive and a relaxing trip. Then take the bus to tour the furniture companies. Then after all that window shopping have lunch in the area. www.amtrak.com , HiTran, Bus system for the City of High Point NC, Municipal Government Website High Point Bus System, furniture companies North Carolina Furniture Directory featuring famous name brand furniture at discount prices direct from the manufacturers outlets and discount furniture stores including High Point NC furniture outlets. Restaurants Restaurants High Point NC North Carolina + Fine Dining - City Guide, High Point Restaurants | MyTravelGuide.com.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point