Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2010, 01:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,247 times

Advertisements

I am an employee at a mechanical services company (air conditioning, heating, plumbing, electrical) based in the Triad. Since beginning employment with this operation, the work enviornment has progressively gotten worse and worse in the form of misrepresentation, misleading, and now outright lieing to customers in order to sustain the business. I have witnessed others with the company engage in some questionable acts in order to make a sale, and I am not posting this pretending to be a saint by any means. I do, however, know right from wrong and what has been going on here recently is most definately wrong.

I am requesting info on some type of authority in North Carolina who is interested in information which I have compiled. This information includes details of hard insurance fraud, taking advantage of elderly customers by use of scare tactics, and intentionally sabotaging equipment in customers' homes to sell parts which they would otherwise have not needed.

I am willing to submit this information to such authority without remaining anonomous, but if I am to suicide myself as a whistleblower I want to be absolutely sure that the information will be used and that there is indeed somebody who cares to investigate.

Talking to management is insignificant and will not do anything to improve or change the attitude that it is 'ok' to leave one's consience home when heading out to work in the morning. Most of my peers are unwilling to take any action as they fear isolation and the loss of their job.

Elsewhere, there are authorities such as a state Consumer Affairs Division or even Social Services for the Elderly who care about cases like this. I have been unable to source anything like this in North Carolina, though, and am requesting information on finding somebody who cares about fraduent business practices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2010, 06:36 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,607,353 times
NC has an economic crimes division but they are pretty worthless. I was involved in a multi-state business scam and NC was absolutely non-existent with assistance/advise. In addition to evidence you have I would suspect the state would have to a significant number of consumer complaints before an investigation would begin.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:05 PM

583 posts, read 2,806,267 times
What about Attorney General, Roy Cooper?
NCDOJ

If it were gov $... reportFraud (http://www.ncrecovery.gov/reportFraud/reportFraud.aspx - broken link)

Some of the local TV channels like to do investigative reporting, so that might be an option too? I'm sure that after it was on the news you'd have plenty of complaints from customers.

You might want to read this...
Understanding the Limitations of North Carolina’s Whistleblower Protection Act | Coates' Canons: NC Local Government Law Blog

Old 11-18-2010, 07:52 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,901,674 times
Channel two is usually pretty good at reporting this type of thing. Give'em a call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point