Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 08:32 AM

7 posts, read 17,321 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm a single mom with a 18 month old. I'm looking to relocate by the end of 2010 or at least by Mid Jan 2011.

I am looking for a really really cheap apartment in a safe area. When I say cheap, I'm looking for a one or two bedroom around 550.00 per month.

I know cheap and safe might be a tall order, but I'm looking to live BELOW my means as not to stretch my budget too far. I know there is a lot of student housing, but I would prefer not to live in a complex full of college students.

Are there any safe and nice places where the locals or young families live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 09:20 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,652,237 times
A tall order at that price point! Especially for something not near a school.

Anyway, a search in Apartments for Rent and Rentals - Free Apartment Finder | ApartmentGuide.com came across this one:

The Regent
1631 Glenside Drive
Greensboro, NC 27405

where a 2BR starts at around $500.

The location doesn't look too bad.

The Regent Apartments Greensboro, NC - Apartments for Rent in Greensboro North Carolina

Old 12-14-2010, 12:12 PM

LOL. I know! Thanks for the info. I wouldn't be opposed to living closer to campus, just not right smack in the middle of a student housing complex!

Old 12-15-2010, 06:40 AM

1,037 posts, read 2,046,494 times
Arbor Park has apartments available for $500 a month for two bedrooms. Smoke tree has two bedroom apartments(all utilities included) for around $550. Areu going to A&T or UNCG?

Old 12-15-2010, 07:20 AM

Neither at the moment. I'm relocating for work. I'd like to get my master's but right now that's on the back burner. And thank you for the info!

Old 01-03-2011, 07:12 AM

8 posts, read 13,969 times
Hey... I'm a single mother too of a 7yr old girl. I'm a hair stylist in the UNCG area. I've been searching for a place near the area too and for the same reasons... don't want to live in the middle of all the college zone student complexes.. prefer a place affordable AND safe! There are always a good deal but you gotta keep looking. I've lived at the following and I like them. They are clean and safe.. but the price may be higher than what you expect but if you can get in on the deal.. why not? call em and make a deal hahah.. All are located at Adams Farm which has a very nice reputation and a great place to raise a family. the madison, steeple chase (has kiddy pool-my fave), the abbington place, arbor park, the crowne.. close to I-40 and shopping.. clean neighborhood park and trail. well
-niddie

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 01-03-2011 at 02:58 PM.. Reason: advertising

Old 01-04-2011, 06:59 PM

ty! i'll check into those

Old 01-08-2011, 10:47 PM

4 posts, read 10,724 times
Smile If you do move

I am also looking to move please do reply back and let me know how things worked out, and if you found everything ok. I am very nervous about the move and finding aftercare for my son in the area and the cost of expenses. I hope all works out well for you.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:48 PM

4 posts, read 10,724 times
you do hair what do you specialize in, I will definately be searching for someone to do my hair when I relocate, email me let me know

Old 01-17-2011, 07:25 PM

hey! thank you for the info! I've actually found someone who's gonna rent their basement apt out to me. I'm gonna do that for six months to save a little extra $$ and to get to know the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point