Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2007, 09:55 AM

9 posts, read 51,201 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!

My family is soon moving to winston-salem,NC probably this year. My husband is an RN and we're still waiting for the hospital's response with his application. We're renting an apartment(here in NJ)for almost 5 yrs now, so we wanted to settle down on an affordable house. I remember my eldest would always ask me when is she going to have her own room. It's funny, she already picks her favorite color for her room.

PLEASE HELP! I want to know if any of you who can give us some info about the area.

We have 3 kids(2 girls & 1 boy), my eldest is 7 y/o, she's going to be in the 2nd grade, my 2nd is turning 3 y/o & my youngest just turned 1 y/o. Any info about schools, family kid-friendly neighborhood to live on the triad area maybe, crime rate, weather (does it snow? my kids love snow????), & shopping malls

I would appreciate it very much! Any info would do. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 04:28 PM

222 posts, read 937,038 times
Not much snow here, fortunately or unfortunately! But within 2 hrs of snow sometimes if you have to see it. Shopping is good if you like a big mall. Some smaller shopping areas are around, too.

As far as areas to live, I would check through these threads and read what has been said. I think that would help a lot. There are several nice areas around that should have what you may be looking for. Will your DH be at WFU or Novant?

Old 07-24-2007, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipster View Post
Not much snow here, fortunately or unfortunately! But within 2 hrs of snow sometimes if you have to see it. Shopping is good if you like a big mall. Some smaller shopping areas are around, too.

As far as areas to live, I would check through these threads and read what has been said. I think that would help a lot. There are several nice areas around that should have what you may be looking for. Will your DH be at WFU or Novant?
thank you FLIPSTER! i appreaciate it....

i think we applied at novant. thanks again.

Old 07-24-2007, 12:16 PM

26 posts, read 103,250 times
There are lots of great neighborhoods in the W-S area. Here is a link to the NC Dept of Education that should help you choose areas that have the schools you want. You might want to look at North Davidson County. Very close to W-S and everyone raves about the schools.

North Carolina Public Schools

Snow here is nothing like NJ and I know - I lived in NJ for almost 15 years and prior in NY. Still have a sister in NJ and one in NY. There is a big mall in W-S and also one in High Point which is about 20 miles from W-S. Nothing like the Paramus or Willowbrook malls. Not sure if your familiar with those areas.

If there is anything else specific you would like to know - just send a message. Good Luck and hope you love NC as much as I do.

Old 07-29-2007, 12:50 AM

1 posts, read 11,332 times
Im also an RN moving to the WS area wondering about the climate. I will be be working at forsyth medical center. How bout ur husband?

Old 07-29-2007, 11:55 PM

Default forsyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatkatt512 View Post
Im also an RN moving to the WS area wondering about the climate. I will be be working at forsyth medical center. How bout ur husband?
hi! yes he'll be working at forsyth.

if u don't mind. when r u going to start?/ r u there at WS now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point