Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2011, 02:50 PM

30 posts, read 75,501 times

Advertisements

Hi! So we've wanted to move south for a long time and our oldest just graduated from hs....so time to fly south! We have 13 yo twins and a 10 yo. Our school district here is horrid and we have some special ed needs for our youngest. Needless to say school are going to be a huge factor in decision process. Both of our companies have positions we can transfer to with similar offers one each near Greensboro, Raleigh and Charlotte! Now I am searching every day and each day I settle on a different location! We are in our late 30's and want rural area, no too rural want kids around to play. We're in to girls softball/volleyball, band, piano, horseback riding (english), and 4-H. I want to be near good reliable healthcare. Friendly community welcoming to born and raised Midwestern-ers! Where do you recommend!? Oh we have a few pets too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 01:04 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,861,633 times
Burlington wouldn't be a bad choice good schools, in-between Greensboro and Raleigh/Durham, quite a few colleges and Universities within a 50 mile radius, Alamance Regional Hospital is in Burlington, my wife is an RN and works there. If you get on the Orange Co. side of Mebane the schools would be better, small town, friendly with one of the best Mexican restaurantes you've ever eaten in.

Old 06-21-2011, 05:34 AM

700 posts, read 1,646,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beck6 View Post
Hi! So we've wanted to move south for a long time and our oldest just graduated from hs....so time to fly south! We have 13 yo twins and a 10 yo. Our school district here is horrid and we have some special ed needs for our youngest. Needless to say school are going to be a huge factor in decision process. Both of our companies have positions we can transfer to with similar offers one each near Greensboro, Raleigh and Charlotte! Now I am searching every day and each day I settle on a different location! We are in our late 30's and want rural area, no too rural want kids around to play. We're in to girls softball/volleyball, band, piano, horseback riding (english), and 4-H. I want to be near good reliable healthcare. Friendly community welcoming to born and raised Midwestern-ers! Where do you recommend!? Oh we have a few pets too!
Looks like Clemmons, Lewisville, south Winston-Salem area. You would have a drive to Greensboro about 25 mins.
1. Each are fairly rural areas. But, Close enough to find many activities.
2. The schools are good schools. Get a little sticky with the high schools. But you would be close enough to transfer to another.
3. You can not beat the healthcare systems of Baptist, Brenner's children and Forsyth Hospital area. And there is many support providers close by to each.
4. Softball/Volleyball. That one is a little bit of a challenge. If you are talking Little League. Southwest LL (Clemmons area) would be the best of the ones around. As they get into High School. North Davidson (you better be really good) is always a factor in the playoffs. West Forsyth & Reagan have strong teams. Travel is the best if your kids are that good. I do use that good. Travel/Showcase teams have some of the best players around. It cost money to travel and play. Not LL.
5.English Riding There are several stables to have english style riding. Cash Lovell is good. Daughter loved it. There are a few more dotted around Clemmons Lewisville area.
6. Special needs. That one I am not to sure on to comment. I know there are several private schools with special needs programs. I really can not help with that one.

Old 06-27-2011, 05:09 PM

33 posts, read 49,159 times
Try Fuquay Varina..Its just south of Raleigh. So much to do. Easy access to everything!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point