Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2011, 06:29 AM

62 posts, read 140,827 times

Advertisements

I was wondering which club is better. Costco or Sam's Club. I had a Sam's Club, but was thinking of getting a Costco membership instead. Why do you like one over the other?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 09:13 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,166,775 times
I have had a Sam's membership in the past for over 5 years then when Costco moved into the area got a membership there while keeping my Sam's. Ended up just keeping the Costco one. Sam's is like Walmart to Costco's Target. In other words Costco is more upscale. Offers nicer higher end products and overall the store is cleaner IMO. The meats and produce are excellent. The return policy is liberal. I have purchase something that eventually went on sale a few months later and they adjusted the price. They can look up past receipts by your membership card which is nice not to have to keep the paper trail. I think they still offer a trial membership if you want to try it without committing. Oh and just thought I'd mention that the news & record here has great daily deals of a variety of savings. Easy sign up & its free!!
Definitely worth the look as well as living social & groupon for money savings.

News and Record Daily Deal

Old 07-30-2011, 10:39 AM

273 posts, read 949,895 times
I'll second the last poster. Costco has great food selections and between whole foods and costco, we don't really grocery shop anywhere else. For everything else in the store, their return policy is second to Neiman Marcus. Also, as a side, the venture they have with American Express is great too. With that card, you get 3% back on gas and travel and 1% on pretty much anything else, but the icing is it will extend your warranties by a year. Great for Cell phones, tvs, and all sorts of electronics. No annual fee too, as long as you keep your costco membership. Ok, I think I've done my bidding for Costco, now maybe they'll actually send me coupons (my only grip, but they automatically swipe them anyway so no biggie).

I don't have much experience with Sams, but I've been in a few times and generally found it to be like paying to shop at Walmart.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:56 PM

676 posts, read 3,075,313 times
Costco!!!

Old 07-31-2011, 06:26 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,627,720 times
Costco hands down IMO. I had Sam's when I lived in Greenville NC. I much prefer Costco, so now that I'm in the Triad, I only keep a Costco membership.

Old 07-31-2011, 06:59 AM

770 posts, read 2,753,178 times
Costco = Harris teeter
Sams Club = Food Lion

Old 07-31-2011, 08:45 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
If Costco hadn't set up shop in this area I wouldn't be shopping at a membership warehouse.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:52 PM

62 posts, read 140,827 times
Thanks everyone!! That finalizes my decision. I had Sam's and thought the same thing that it is like shopping at Walmart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point