Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2011, 04:05 PM

5 posts, read 18,858 times

Advertisements

Hi guys, I will be attending UNC greensboro starting spring semester, and I am extremely unfamiliar with Greensboro. I am looking for a 2bed 2 bath apartment close to campus. Im looking for nice, safe, and quiet places(no loud parties). Please give me some suggestions, i'm not familiar with street names, so please provide me the names of the apartment complexes. In addition, does UNCG have good campus transportations? or should I just buy a parking permit? If it's better to buy a parking permit, what section or type of parking permit do I need to get that's the most convenient? Thank you for all of your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 05:46 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,169,530 times
I have several friends whose kids go there. If I am not mistaken there is a housing site on UNCG's website where people are looking for room mates etc or renting out rooms etc. The transportation is great if in an apt near campus. The bus comes to most within about 2 mi of the campus every hour til late so you wouldn't necessarily need a parking permit in that scenario.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:25 PM

5 posts, read 18,858 times
thanks for your reply! i'm not looking for roommates, and I did go on the uncg website for housing. the site provides places, but no reviews. So I am asking for suggestions from people that had actually lived there so they know what places are nice and quiet, and what places are mostly college party crowds.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:46 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,569,171 times
Around the UNCG area there are many small apartment buildings peppered throughout the neighborhoods as well as large homes that have been converted to apartments. These are within walking/bus distance of the campus. I can't give you first hand reviews, but I would venture to say these areas may be what you have in mind as opposed to a complex where you have many units.
Finding actual reviews may prove difficult.
I understand you didn't request this but you can search around the Spring Garden St, Mendenhall St, Tate St, McGee St, W Market St areas.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:56 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,867,976 times
I would suggest asking the mail man if there are any vacancies, he will know which ones he has not delivered to in the last month and will normally know who to contact.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:19 AM

441 posts, read 1,292,275 times
My daughter is also there and she is renting a apartment at " The School at Spring Garden " on spring garden street about a few miles from school and I think the heat bus also drive's by there, clean and well maintained, she has had no issue's.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,649 times
You should check out our new apartments near UNCG - Sterling Cottages at West End: Apartments Near UNCG | Sterling Cottages

Old 05-01-2012, 08:15 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,569,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling Housing View Post
You should check out our new apartments near UNCG - Sterling Cottages at West End: Apartments Near UNCG | Sterling Cottages
This thread dried up about 5 months ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point