Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 11:29 AM

6 posts, read 12,719 times

Advertisements

Hello EVERYONE!!

We (as in my b/f and myself) have to move from Raleigh to GB in 2 months ..I have no idea where to move .. i have only been to GB ones to visit friends and we didnt see anything but there house and the mall ... anyway ... we need to find a house or a nice apartment ....We live in a great 4th floor place thats in the middle of a mall with lots of ppl b/f HATES IT!!!!!!!! i love it am not a big country person and living in the wood freaks me out but its his pick so anyway .. he works in Burlington and would like to be closer to work ..what am kinda look for is either near a college but far enough away from the student being that he's not into big noise from parties or college life ..i don't have a car at this point so a bus line would be nice He does't want to share some house with other ppl ..a one to two bedroom would be good ..i guess what i am looking for is what we have in Raleigh near ncstate ..which is about 2-4 miles around the school there are nice big homes that are rented out on quiet roads with a mix of some grad students and ppl who have live there for a long time.. the homes are older there are lots of trees but close to a bus line ..i hope someone can help me out

Oh and i looked oh Clist but being that i don't know road or anything its not much help and most of the place are campus apartments renting out for 3mo which is not what we are looking for

THANK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 02:58 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,570,841 times
You didn't mention what college you are attending or what range of rent payment you can afford.
There are plenty of apartments in this area which are not near or college rentals.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:05 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,396,943 times
Our son lived here for a while, it was nice.

Steeplechase at Adam's Farm - Apartments for Rent in Greensboro, NC | About Us

Old 04-09-2012, 03:53 PM

oh price range like anything under 800$ .as for college University of North Carolina - Greensboro

Old 04-09-2012, 06:10 PM

If you search outside of the UNC-G area there are plenty of non-student apartments; Battleground, W Friendly, Muirs Chapel, and there are condos/apartments for rent in the downtown area.

Old 04-10-2012, 01:15 PM

Thanks to all of replied ..are there any streets or areas i should STAY AWAY FROM??? so far what i got with this

Greensboro really isn't as bad as most people say. Most of the city is pretty safe, even at night, but there are a few areas that should definitely be avoided if at all possible. They are:

Martin Luther King (MLK) Blvd/HWY 421 - General high crime area

E Market St - High crime area, mainly drugs/prostitution

E Lee St - Safer than the above two, but generally sketchy area

Phillips Ave - VERY BAD crack problem, it runs along side the Claremont Housing Project which is unsafe even during the day

Florida St - Same as Phillips Ave, but different housing project (Smith Homes), high number of shootings in this area

E Wendover - Lots of crack houses and robberies, generally unsafe at night

Hampton Homes - Right where Elm and Eugene intersect. Dangerous area but otherwise Elm-Eugene is okay, just run down.

Ray Warren Homes - Housing project off E Lee St. High crime.

Randleman Rd- Mixed. Some parts are OK, some are sketchy.

Summit Ave - Some parts are fine, others you should stay away from. Best to avoid after dark.

Vandalia Rd- Lots of heroin/opiate addicts/dealers in this area.

Other than the above, most areas of da'boro should be fine. Downtown is a great place to hang out nights and weekends and as long as you use common sense you should be fine. The UNCG area is safe and is a great place to hang out but the area around Spring Garden does have alot of drug use. The suburbs and the wealthy areas (near the golf courses and the subdevelopments off Lake Townsend) are very safe and family friendly. The airport area (Northwest Greensboro) is quite safe and is a very good place to live, although it can be somewhat confusing to navigate with all the various highway systems and interchanges. Hope this helps.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:29 PM

anyone??

Old 04-11-2012, 07:00 PM

I gave you some general areas to check into that are reasonably close to UNCG. I really can't provide you with names or vouch for any particular place, except the one I live at.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:52 AM

14 posts, read 52,622 times
Default Helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga4life View Post
Thanks to all of replied ..are there any streets or areas i should STAY AWAY FROM??? so far what i got with this

Greensboro really isn't as bad as most people say. Most of the city is pretty safe, even at night, but there are a few areas that should definitely be avoided if at all possible. They are:

Martin Luther King (MLK) Blvd/HWY 421 - General high crime area

E Market St - High crime area, mainly drugs/prostitution

E Lee St - Safer than the above two, but generally sketchy area

Phillips Ave - VERY BAD crack problem, it runs along side the Claremont Housing Project which is unsafe even during the day

Florida St - Same as Phillips Ave, but different housing project (Smith Homes), high number of shootings in this area

E Wendover - Lots of crack houses and robberies, generally unsafe at night

Hampton Homes - Right where Elm and Eugene intersect. Dangerous area but otherwise Elm-Eugene is okay, just run down.

Ray Warren Homes - Housing project off E Lee St. High crime.

Randleman Rd- Mixed. Some parts are OK, some are sketchy.

Summit Ave - Some parts are fine, others you should stay away from. Best to avoid after dark.

Vandalia Rd- Lots of heroin/opiate addicts/dealers in this area.

Other than the above, most areas of da'boro should be fine. Downtown is a great place to hang out nights and weekends and as long as you use common sense you should be fine. The UNCG area is safe and is a great place to hang out but the area around Spring Garden does have alot of drug use. The suburbs and the wealthy areas (near the golf courses and the subdevelopments off Lake Townsend) are very safe and family friendly. The airport area (Northwest Greensboro) is quite safe and is a very good place to live, although it can be somewhat confusing to navigate with all the various highway systems and interchanges. Hope this helps.
This helped me immensely. Originally from small town in Pennsylvania and have been living in Myrtle Beach for past 5 (husband calls it "Murder Beach") We are renting house in the Hamilton Hills area and move next week-end. We have been to Greensboro thrice and didn't have much luck finding a four bedroom so we spent the long buck and went thru a realtor but still have only seen pictures of the house but pretty sure the neighborhood is safe. Do you happen to know the area? I kind of feel like we are going in blindfolded. Google Earth has helped some.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:43 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,474,087 times
I am moving down to G'boro soon. My fiancee and I are looking for homes currently. I'd prefer to live in the Summerfield area, but houses are generally pricey in that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point