Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 11:31 AM

5 posts, read 5,389 times

Advertisements

Thank you for your input guys. I would definitely have healthy, clean horses and clean facilities. I know how much dirty facilities could hurt my business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 08:48 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,503,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post

SCA "The Society for Creative Anachronism is an international organization dedicated to researching and re-creating the arts and skills of pre-17th-century Europe. Our "Known World" consists of 19 kingdoms, with over 30,000 members residing in countries around the world. Members, dressed in clothing of the Middle Ages and Renaissance, attend events which feature tournaments, royal courts, feasts, dancing, various classes & workshops, and more.” Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc.

RenFest "The Carolina Renaissance Festival is a medieval amusement park, a 11-stage theater, a 22-acre village marketplace, an interactive circus, an arts and crafts fair, a jousting tournament and a feast -- all rolled into one non-stop, day-long family adventure!"Carolina Renaissance Festival

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoon721 View Post
Thank you for your input guys. I would definitely have healthy, clean horses and clean facilities. I know how much dirty facilities could hurt my business.
Perhaps a simple riding package for those who may just want to ride a horse.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:17 PM

272 posts, read 782,667 times
FWIW I think the idea is too expensive. Paid actors would require high ticket prices which would limit customers. Volunteers would be unprofessional; even paying people is no guarantee they'll show up on time and it's worse if you expect others to work for free.

As WFW&P suggests, focus on the horses and riding. There are people who have lived their entire lives in the city who have never seen a horse, let alone ridden on them. There are also people who love horses but can't own them for whatever reason who would enjoy spending a few hours. Horses are special creatures, and the natural bond between them and humans is surprising to those who aren't familiar with it.

Simplify your idea. Simple ideas are easier to get off the ground than complicated ones, and are much easier to handle once they are in the air.

Good luck whatever you do though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point