Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 05:31 PM

2 posts, read 16,869 times

Advertisements

I am currently living in South Florida and my family and I are moving to Kernersville. I would like information on the areas schools in particular the elementaries schools. Also would like information as to the best communities for family with small childrens. Any other information you can share would be greatly appreciated. Thank you !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2007, 06:42 AM

1,417 posts, read 6,905,951 times
I have family who live there and it's a great area. VERY convenient to Greensboro, Winston Salem, and Hight Point.

Old 01-09-2007, 02:53 PM

2 posts, read 16,869 times
Thank you for responding to my inquiry. Kernersville seems to offer what we are looking for which is a small town but with easy access to big cities. What will determine if we end up chosing Kernersville would be the education. Would you happen to know which is the best elementary school in the area, I believe there is about 4-5 elementary schools and depending which one is the best is the community we will ultimately chose to live in. Again thank you for your response, if there is anything else you might like to add, at this point, all suggestions are welcomed!

Old 01-09-2007, 03:20 PM

1,417 posts, read 6,905,951 times
Sorry, I'm not familiar with the schools there. They are in Forsyth County and you could google Forsyth County NC schools and get the information you need.

Old 03-05-2007, 11:50 AM

1 posts, read 8,388 times
I would like to know if you have received any comments regarding your request of the Kernersville area. We are possibly relocating to that area as well, and I would have the same interests/concerns that you asked.

Old 03-05-2007, 06:09 PM

676 posts, read 3,075,313 times
I think the two main elementary schools are Sedge Garden and Union Cross. I keep meeting all kinds of new, young families who have moved to Kernersville. It seems VERY family orientated and centrally located. Sometimes I regret we didn't end up there because it seems like everyone I keep meeting with kids my child's age live there! Another "hot place" for families seems to be Clemmons. I haven't really heard negative things about the schools, but the kids I am meeting are Pre-K.

Here is the NC school Report Card link:

http://www.ncreportcards.org/src/

In my opinion, it seems like you really can't go wrong moving to Kernersville. There is a lot nearby if it isn't in town.....

Old 03-06-2007, 05:18 AM

823 posts, read 3,921,565 times
Brookside Montessori School in Kernersville goes to 4th or 5th grade. The elementary class is small and would offer a low teacher student ratio as well a good alternative to the public schools.

Old 03-09-2007, 08:03 AM

1 posts, read 8,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackintheBox1 View Post
I am currently living in South Florida and my family and I are moving to Kernersville. I would like information on the areas schools in particular the elementaries schools. Also would like information as to the best communities for family with small childrens. Any other information you can share would be greatly appreciated. Thank you !!
Neighboring Kernersville is another lovely community called Oak Ridge, just over the Forsyth county line into Guilford County. That opens up options for schools within the same location. Both communities have excellent school choices in separate counties. There actually are subdivisions where children are assigned schools in different counties....thats how close Oak Ridge and Kernersville are to one another.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:19 PM

22 posts, read 141,073 times
There is also Kernersville Elementary School - and Piney Grove Elementary school...... both are good schools.... I live in Kernersville so if you would like feel free to email me and I will try to answer any and all questions you might have pertaining to this area.....

Kelly

Niightdrmr@aol.com

Old 03-18-2007, 09:26 PM

7 posts, read 21,840 times
Angry thinking of moving to nc

we live in mi now. But the jobs are horrible to find. is it true there are jobs to find in the greensboro and burlington area . and the weather here is horrible in the winter. what is the weather there in the winter.please someone reply bev
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point