Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 07:59 AM

280 posts, read 1,135,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
I also live in Adams Farm -- on the Millis Road side south of McKay. In all honesty, the houses in general are just smaller - although my house was in the upper $160,000s, so parts of it aren't THAT much cheaper. The main part of Adams Farm has more expensive homes in general and more cul-de-sacs while my side isn't built like that. But it's a nice area with nice neighbors. It's not rundown at ALL. But it does have a different vibe. There's actually a cute house for sale around the corner from me.
I should clarify my previous comments. I don't think the area south of McKay is run down, it just didn't have the feel we were looking for. We looked at a few houses over there (Acorn Ridge/Running Ridge sections) and it seemed like the back yards looked right in to the neighbors back yards while the houses we saw in the other section of Adams Farm in the same price range (around $150k) seemed to have a thicker tree buffer between houses. So when I say that the southern section doesn't look as nice, that's what I mean. It's not a bad neighborhood at all, just not what we were looking for. We had the same issue with some otherwise decent neighborhoods in NW Greensboro too, you can sit on your deck in the spring and look right at your neighbors sitting on their decks. And I have seen more not well maintained masonite siding in the north of McKay section than I saw in the southern section too. So it's mainly the lack of trees that make the southern section not as appealing to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 05:09 PM

466 posts, read 815,524 times
Oh, OK. That I do agree with. We do look in our back neighbor's back yard. It was a bit of a trade-off, I guess. We looked at some houses in the north part that had a thicket of trees giving privacy, but the yards themselves were a bit smaller than what we ended up with. Of course, that was about all that was on the market in the two months when we were looking. So I completely get that. We need to plant a tree to block our view of the neighbor's window. LOL

Our realtor did say that this side was built a bit like a mill town.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:26 PM

20 posts, read 58,436 times
Smile Wow--thanks!!! :)

Thank you ALL **SO** VERY MUCH!!!

I've stayed away from this part of the forum for a couple weeks, as my husband's company was dangling a different state and city out of left field, and I've been so jazzed about coming to G'boro--but I was keeping my mind open to this other state/city so that if we had to move there instead, I wouldn't start off on a bad footing...but my husband reported to his new position just yesterday--in GREENSBORO.

Thank you so very much and I'm printing out this entire thread so I can stay in the know when me and the kids get to relocate out there in a few weeks too. Many blessings to all and I'm looking forward to calling NC home

Old 02-02-2013, 06:08 AM

624 posts, read 2,107,871 times
Oops, too many threads open, meant to copy this one over to a more current question being asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMT View Post
...As for the airport, I wouldn't be overly concerned unless you are looking in the northern part of High Point. I've been doing some house shopping in that area and the main concern is when the GSO / FedEx Hub is fully operational.

Here's a link to the local paper's take from November 2011:
High Point to expand airport noise buffer : News-Record.com : Greensboro & the Triad's most trusted source for local news and analysis

This is a link to the Noise Study and shows a nice map of the areas of concern. PTI Part150.com
I tried those links and they seemed to be deadends now so here's one to the High Point city page with info and maps - The City of High Point's Airport Overlay District Airport Noise

Old 02-17-2013, 02:07 PM

3 posts, read 5,058 times
I owned in the Autumn Woods neighborhood of Adams Farm. Its a nice area with miles of walking paths and a pool/rec center (membership is optional and about $800 annually). There is plenty of shopping nearby - with Harris Teeter located at the entrance to the property. Adams Farm is huge, and full of people from 'somewhere else.' During the time I was there, my neighbors changed several times. There are two apartment complexes at the entrance which can sometimes attract a lower class, but they dont stay forever. I think its a great choice for families with children. I would move back in minute if there was any work to be found in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point