Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 09:28 AM

25 posts, read 61,097 times

Advertisements

In high point how is the location in area code 27265? This is close to my work and seems to be alot available.

In Greensboro there does not seem to be alot of houses outside of an alotment. Could you tell me what are some of the best communities? We are currently living in 27410 appartments and like the area. What are some of the better builders in the area?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 12:53 PM

525 posts, read 2,122,828 times
27265 is a good zip in High Point- depending on where you work you could live up on the north end of High Point which is more convenient to the airport and to wendover/I40.

There are a bunch of subdivisions in the area- K Hovnanian is building there, along with some other good builders. It will depend on where you want to be, if you want a brand new home versus a resale, Townhouse versus home, etc.

27410 is a good Gsbo zip code as well if you want to stay in da boro.

I would suggest getting pre-approved with a quality lender first so you know what you have to spend and what sort of cash you will need to close.

Let me know if you need help.
Thanks!

Old 10-14-2007, 01:10 PM

some of the builders in 27265 are Kavanagh, Shugart, Eastwood, Windsor Homes and Beazer Construction. Most of the lower priced ones are townhomes, however.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:38 AM

25 posts, read 61,097 times
Thanks for the help. I will check out some of those builders and see what they have. We are not looking for Townhomes and are looking for houses in the 150-200K range. I work on Pedmont Parkway so that is where i am trying to stay close to.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:44 AM

If you want to be close to Piedmont Parkway, there are quite a few great homes in Adams Farm, Pilot's Ridge and the Thicket, unless you definitely need a new construction.

Nearby there's a few newer neighborhoods, such as Sunset Hollow (built by Kavanagh Homes) & Delmar (new being built by Eastwood Homes).

Remember, always have your own Buyer Representation, even when dealing with new construction. Builder's reps work for the builder, not for you.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:13 PM
JJM

61 posts, read 237,554 times
If you are looking for new construction, there are several new spec homes finished and ready for occupancy in Waterford Village. The builder is Windsor Homes and you can find them on the web at Find Your Home (broken link). We are currently building a new home in that neighborhood and are very pleased with their willingness to work with us to get our new place just the way we want it. Anyway, it is located off of Skeet Club Road and is very convenient to shopping, restaurants, and most importantly, work. I work off Peidmont Parkway, too, and find it to be an easy commute. You can PM me if you'd like more info and a person to contact. Happy hunting!

Old 01-10-2008, 09:54 PM

1 posts, read 2,933 times
I moved to High Point, 27265 (Davidson County) from NY a year ago and love it. Some of my neighbors work at Piedmont Parkway and it is probably a 10 minute commute from my house. Look in Delmar, they build a beautiful house but there are not many left.. There are also a couple of resales in Delmar that are being sold way below their value. Best of luck to you.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 04-06-2009 at 09:10 AM.. Reason: no realtor info or real estate

Old 03-04-2009, 01:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,587 times
There are a few great subdivisions in the 27265 zip code you might as well consider: Avalon and Laurel Oak Ranch. I love the area! There is a company that sells homes in the area. They offer RENT TO OWN programs as well. Check their website and see if you like. You can see pictures of the homes they have available on line.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 04-06-2009 at 09:10 AM.. Reason: no realtor info or real estate

Old 04-03-2009, 03:07 PM

84 posts, read 216,833 times
What sort of price range would I be looking at for a Home Right now near PTI? I don't mind small. Looking for something around 100-110K or under right now.

Want to live where I work.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:33 AM

138 posts, read 418,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colbype View Post
Thanks for the help. I will check out some of those builders and see what they have. We are not looking for Townhomes and are looking for houses in the 150-200K range. I work on Pedmont Parkway so that is where i am trying to stay close to.
I'd recommend you also look at Broadstone Village (27260) which is in your price range and also reasonably close to Piedmont Parkway.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point