Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 04:30 PM

273 posts, read 911,596 times

Advertisements

I think we should let emelvee run over there and check it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 05:18 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Ill run into the one in Salisbury in the morning and see they changed it there too.
What the point in Hot N Now if they are cooling the doughnuts.

Old 05-30-2013, 07:40 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Ill run into the one in Salisbury in the morning and see they changed it there too.
What the point in Hot N Now if they are cooling the doughnuts.
Same as it has always been; to make you run in and buy doughnuts.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:59 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,265,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4alark View Post
I visited the KK on Stratford recently and noticed that they are doing their donuts differently and they are not as good. Has anyone else noticed this? The recipe seems slightly different (can't put my finger on it) and OMG, they are cooling off the donuts so they no longer have that gooey, drippy hot goodness. Any one else notice?
I only have had one Krispy Kreme donut in my entire life and I was not impressed. I found it too heavy, greasy, soggy and overly sweet. I hope for those who do like Krispy Kreme that they can adjust the old recipe and put out a donut that is comparable to Dunkin!

Old 05-31-2013, 05:05 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
I only have had one Krispy Kreme donut in my entire life and I was not impressed. I found it too heavy, greasy, soggy and overly sweet. I hope for those who do like Krispy Kreme that they can adjust the old recipe and put out a donut that is comparable to Dunkin!

I hate cake doughnuts. The next to a good KK doughnut is Brits at Carolina Beach.

DD is going to expand from its 44 stores to 15,000.

Its coffee is reason for its expansion .

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 05-31-2013 at 05:14 AM..

Old 05-31-2013, 06:09 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,155,424 times
Okay, I took one for the team this morning. I stopped by the Stratford Rd. store, and sure enough 4alark is correct...there is indeed some sort of blower on the doughnut line. The doughnuts were still quite warm when I got them, but I don't know for sure if they were cooler than before or if the blower thing was even turned on. And the doughnuts tasted the same to me, so I don't know that they've changed the recipe.

I have some friends who work in the corporate office--I'll ask them about it next time I see them. In fact, this probably needs to be brought up at the next stockholders meeting. This could cause their stock price to plunge!

Old 05-31-2013, 07:41 AM

273 posts, read 911,596 times
Thanks! arbyunc. Please ask your corporate friends and let us know. This is one case where being cooler is not better!

And for Pammyd, this is why there are choices in life-- so everyone can get the kind of donuts that make you smile when you eat them. For me, I love 'em when they hot KK. Besides they have to be sweet to stand up against typical Southern Sweet Tea.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
A yeast doughnut heavier than a cake doughnut?
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
Okay, I took one for the team this morning. I stopped by the Stratford Rd. store, and sure enough 4alark is correct...there is indeed some sort of blower on the doughnut line. The doughnuts were still quite warm when I got them, but I don't know for sure if they were cooler than before or if the blower thing was even turned on. And the doughnuts tasted the same to me, so I don't know that they've changed the recipe.

I have some friends who work in the corporate office--I'll ask them about it next time I see them. In fact, this probably needs to be brought up at the next stockholders meeting. This could cause their stock price to plunge!
The more I read the more it really sounds this "cooler" gizmo is probably for product meant to be distributed to local stores. Aiding in cooling would allow for faster packaging, faster packing means more distributed product, more distributed product means more sales, more sales mean more profit, more profit means stock goes up.

Old 06-07-2013, 08:10 PM

5 posts, read 9,665 times
Everything about KK is big corporate money hungry world. They are not the same as they used to be. Dunkin all the way! Did you experience the cake batter doughnuts? Most awesomeness!

Old 06-07-2013, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2centsworth View Post
Everything about KK is big corporate money hungry world. They are not the same as they used to be. Dunkin all the way! Did you experience the cake batter doughnuts? Most awesomeness!
And Dunkin is not? Dunkin borrowed money from Mitt Romney to fuel the massive expansion that has been going on the last few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point