Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 12:31 PM

3 posts, read 4,574 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I will be moving to Greensboro in a few months for a job located downtown (around Market/Elm street intersection). I am a single 30 yr old professional female and am having trouble sorting through the best areas in Greensboro to live. I am open to living in downtown, so if there are particular apartment complexes that people would recommend that wouldn't be too student heavy that would be super helpful. I am also open to living outside of downtown, but hopefully not too far from work. Someone I know who has family in the area recommended the 'New Garden' area. Thoughts? Any recommendations for complexes in that area? All suggestions/information are welcome and greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 03:07 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Downtown there is a mix of condos & apartments and some of those are above retail spaces so you are isolated from too many neighbors. The two major apartment buildings here are City View & Greenway at Fisher Park.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:01 AM

Thanks! I found City View and Greenway at Fisher Park online. Do they seem to be more of an older twenty and thirty year old crowd? From some of the pictures, I was concerned that it might be more of a young twenty crowd.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauriebeth55 View Post
Thanks! I found City View and Greenway at Fisher Park online. Do they seem to be more of an older twenty and thirty year old crowd? From some of the pictures, I was concerned that it might be more of a young twenty crowd.
I don't/haven't lived there so I can't provide you an accurate answer. Perhaps a call to the managment office would give some insight. I do know of an older gentleman who moved from where I live to Greenway when his unit was put on the market, but that's just one person.
Have you looked at the Lofts at Greensborough Court?
I'm steering you downtown, but there are many apartment complexes in Greensboro.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:50 AM

I had not seen the Lofts, thanks for the tip, I will check it out. Yes, there are a TON of apartment complexes in Greensboro which is what made my initial searching online difficult since I couldn't seem to figure out how to narrow down which 'areas' I should target that would be a good place for a young professional. Thanks again for your help, any info is greatly appreciated!

Old 07-07-2013, 11:07 AM

Any other amenities you desire other than light student population?

Old 07-07-2013, 02:07 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,425,884 times
I just moved back to Greensboro after decades of living elsewhere. Hey everybody!

One of my dear friends has a mid 20s daughter who is planning on moving into Greenway, because apparently it's the young professional place to be. You could walk to work. If I didn't have dogs that need a yard I would live downtown in a flash.

Old 07-09-2013, 03:36 PM

Glad you decided to come back.

Old 07-09-2013, 04:10 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,425,884 times
Hey. Thanks. That's sweet. I have to tell you it is VERY interesting! I really thought I would retire in Charleston (well, Mount Pleasant). But Daddy started failing and Mama needed me, so I sold my little house (for way more than I paid for it-HA!) and moved back here. I had forgotten how beautiful it is in the spring and the fall. I got a cute house in a nice neighborhood, have a set of friends here who are happy to see me, so it's all good. Thanks again.

Old 07-09-2013, 04:18 PM

Visited Charleston a couple of years ago and stayed in Mt. Pleasant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point