Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2013, 05:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,334 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I'm new to this board and had a couple questions! I am 22 years old and just accepted a position at wake forest! I have never been to the area and am looking to move pretty directly. Are there any of suggestions of apartments in town. I want to be near a young crowd where it is easy to meet some new friends. One of the places that jumped out at me were the gallery lofts. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm looking forward to moving to the area!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 06:10 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,964,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wake1123 View Post
I am 22 years old and just accepted a position at wake forest!
I have never been to the area and am looking to move pretty directly.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Start by finding some sort of share situation with another mid20's person
similarly or somehow connected with the Uni and **near** the campus.
The school should be able to assist with this.

As you get to know the area and make some friends over the course of the fall and winter
start to look for other situations, even your own place by yourself if inclined, that will suit.
Next spring... make a move.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:43 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,385,654 times
Just to clarify: Is your job on the main Wake Forest campus? (That is, not the med school/hospital?)

Old 07-29-2013, 02:11 PM

32 posts, read 62,213 times
The Gallery Lofts are very nice. And very expensive. If your budget can handle it, go for it. The "young crowd" is definitely represented here.

You might look into The Nissen Building, maybe The Factory Lofts. I am way more familiar with downtown offerings, living there myself for the last several years. I am sure there are other apartments outside of downtown that would be a good fit for less money but I can't really suggest any.

Good luck with your new job and Welcome to Winston-Salem!~

Old 08-01-2013, 08:20 AM

39 posts, read 149,681 times
If you got a job on the main campus I know alot of Wake Forest students live around the area one apartment complex is the Corners at Crystal lake right around the corner they are set back and nice have a small dog park and sit down in and has alot of Nature around them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point