Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2013, 06:36 PM

2 posts, read 2,547 times

Advertisements

Husband has secured employment in Greensboro with a start date of Oct 21, 2013. We love the Carolinas and are excited about relocating from Michigan although we have never been to.Greensboro. Side bar: the relocation company will pay for me to.fly out to Greensboro twice to look for homes ....which I plan to do very soon.

. Several questions...because we will more than likely lease a 3 or 4 bedroom home until we sale our current home here in Michigan..( we have twin 10 year old boys).Great schools are a top priority for us. I am.discovering the pricier homes in Greensboro (rent range 1500 to max of 2500) when searching greatschools.org those schools are rated very low which I find surprising. I.e.Pilot school is rated a 5 out of 10, Almanance is rated a 4 out of 10 . I am wondering if these rates are trust worthy. I would like for hubby to not have too much of a commute but not at the sacrifice of my children education.

Secondly, Stokesdale... Is it a kid friendly area...is there.much to do? I found a home that is.of interest but wondering about complete boredom.for.both myself and the boys.

Any suggestions for.areas that offer city life but quiet. And leasing company suggestions? Here in Michigan if homes sit more than 100 days... People will consider leasing only so their home for not sit through the cold winters...wondering if.that is a viable option in Greensboro.

Any and all suggestions appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2013, 01:25 PM

39 posts, read 149,695 times
I would suggest going here to check out schools in the district you want to move to NC School Report Cards I hope this helps!

Old 10-02-2013, 01:34 PM

23 posts, read 47,673 times
I found a lot of houses that would meet your needs on Trulia's website. I went house hunting all last week and the site was very helpful. I believe the Northwest area is very nice and has good schools. My budget was $1,300 for a three bedroom and I found several houses in the Northwest in that price range, so your budget should get you something really nice. What I found is that a lot of the houses are very old, which I really don't care for, but it's okay temporarily. Good luck with your move.

Old 10-02-2013, 03:30 PM

150 posts, read 143,311 times
Default Here's one

Great house for rent on Knightbridge Rd in Battle Forest neighborhood near the Battleground Park area. The online photos do not do it justice but it is a very clean, spacious home in a traditional neighborhood of nice homes on large lots. Very good school district. Should work well for your budget. Can easily be found by googling the street name and 'house for rent'. Good luck with your search.

Old 10-02-2013, 06:35 PM

2 posts, read 2,547 times
Thank you all. Off to visit Trulia website. Ty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point