Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2007, 01:57 PM

24 posts, read 140,718 times

Advertisements

Hello we from Wisconsin just arrived on the 5th of Nov. The move went smooth. My bil and wife drove the truck and we drove the van and pop up. My bil and his wife thought we were nut for moving. They thought oh boy a bet their apartment will be heck hole since we never seen it before. Once we hit graham. The apartment was bigger that we had dream off. The neighbors are friendly. Then that when the honeymoon period stops. The family was happy to know we were going to be safe so off they went back to Wi. That when my husband decided not to use his walker or scooter to get back into the apartment. Broke a rib, two finger, black eye and so fourth. Not even been here 72 hours we got to meet the burlington ems and their hospital. Let me tell you something we do not like the hospital. We were there for over 6 hours. It was nightmare. We been to Religh Farmers market it is nice. Just not the right time of the year to be hanging out at it. We been to Durham Va hospital. It is old but they fast. We were in and out in less than hour. Plenty of food to eat. It cheaper for two to eat out than it is to cook it at home. I noticed meats and produces is out of this world here. I been three stores. Almost $5.00 a lb for hamburger. Than I got a head cold that putting us off exploring. We get lost easy trying to come back home. Do I miss wi not so much yet. I am waiting for the light bill to come in. I was sick of paying over 300 a month for lights and gas in wi. I am happy being in my apartment. Once I get out there in traffic is scares me to death. I am not sure why but you turn on the news every city here there is murder or something terrible happen. Makes me not want to go out and play at night yet. Our maintence guy here in the apartment is very friendly. He knocks and just come on in even when we napping. Jobs not so sure of yet. Not seen alot of jobs in the paper yet or apply in the windows. Hoping to start up our work at home business more soon as I get well and settled. So far I guess we feel about 50% home here and 50% still lost. You have to understand we just moved out of town of 2000 people to town of over 15,000 and more in Burlington. We use to driving 50 miles to get stuff here it is about 5 miles. So that one weird feeling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2007, 07:02 PM

183 posts, read 567,346 times
Default what???

??????????

Old 11-24-2007, 12:12 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,271,698 times
Looks like a big change for y'all. Give it some time. It may take awhile to adjust. But with determination and a friendly attitude, y'all should do okay.

All the best!

Old 11-24-2007, 10:10 AM

183 posts, read 567,346 times
Default I Agree

i AGREE WITH nIKI

Old 11-24-2007, 07:54 PM

24 posts, read 140,718 times
We glad to be in NC. We happy with our apartment. We happy we got our jobs back so we do not have to work outside the house. We looking forward to going to the mountains to go camping. We love the food here. We love having the stores near us. As long as I got those things we happy. Everything else I can live with. Trust me newbies looking to come here it not all it crack up to be. There is alot of things that not nice here. Nc is not like what it use to be 20 years ago or ever will be. Please say it is slow pace here. Wisconsin is dead and snail. NC never sleep or laid back. Maybe coming in from NYC or Ca it is slower. Not to us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point