Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2013, 04:28 PM

39 posts, read 95,202 times

Advertisements

Hi,
A few years ago my husband and I happened to be in downtown Greensboro (or near to downtown) just after the first of the year. We saw the most enchanting sight...many, many lighted hanging balls down several neighborhoods. It was so beautiful we would like to return this Sunday with the kids.

We will be coming from Raleigh & wondering what area we need to go to see these enchanting balls...or if they are even hanging them anymore. A search on google hasn't helped me much.

We would like to get dinner before or after if you have any suggestions for a place near.

Thank you for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 05:40 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,429,246 times
The lights are in Sunset Hills. Here's a nice video explaining it.

Lighted Christmas Balls In Greensboro, North Carolina - YouTube

1618 is close by and it's very nice.

1618 Seafood Grille, Greensboro, NC

Old 12-10-2013, 05:57 PM

39 posts, read 95,202 times
Thank you Sue. 1618 Seafood Grille looks wonderful, but, may be a bit pricey for us that night since we will be footing the bill for 9 of us--all teens & adults. Maybe in the $12-20pp range or less

Old 12-10-2013, 06:13 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,429,246 times
Gotcha. Then look at this one:

Lindley Park Filling Station

There are a couple of other places right there at that intersection.

Sticks and Stones Clay Oven Pizza
EMMA KEYS | Burger | Sweet Potato Fries | Snow Cones | Milk Shakes | Flat Top Grille | Number One Burgers In Greensboro
Fishbones Online Home

Have fun!

Old 12-10-2013, 07:56 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,578,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymi View Post
Hi,
A few years ago my husband and I happened to be in downtown Greensboro (or near to downtown) just after the first of the year. We saw the most enchanting sight...many, many lighted hanging balls down several neighborhoods. It was so beautiful we would like to return this Sunday with the kids.

We will be coming from Raleigh & wondering what area we need to go to see these enchanting balls...or if they are even hanging them anymore. A search on google hasn't helped me much.

We would like to get dinner before or after if you have any suggestions for a place near.

Thank you for any help.
Well, somebody has worse Google skills than me!
Since Sue told you where I will offer a few more "where to eat" suggestions at Friendly Center/ Shoppes at Friendly near Sunset Hills: Store Directory :: Friendly Center :: Greensboro, NC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point