Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2007, 09:11 AM

1 posts, read 15,910 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

This is really urgent - and I am hoping that someone here will be able to help me out!! I've been searching just about everywhere, and finally came to this forum for help.

I just moved to Greensboro this week, and I'm staying in a hotel right now. I'm working for a well-known company here in downtown Greensboro, but since I work on a contract basis, I don't want to sign a 6-month lease.

Are there any apartments / condos that rent out on a month-to-month basis?

I've tried Craigslist, Sublet.com, and a few other places, without any luck. Extended stay hotels and corporate housing are a bit too expensive for me.

There's another company called Help-u-move that would provide me with listings, but it charges quite a bit for that. And then again, I'd have to call up all the places in the listings to inquire about available apartments.

If anyone can help me with finding a place that provides month-to-month leasing options, I will be extremely grateful!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 07:28 PM

525 posts, read 2,123,892 times
Month to Month is hard to come by. I would continue searching for a sublet on Craigslist. You might try my friend Tom Elder @ www.elderpropertes.com (broken link) just to see if he has anything. There are some Extended stay places around town, but they're mostly Hotel chains that do weekly rentals and as you say, they ain't cheap. Help U Move is not the best alternative. Try also a sunday News & Record because that's when most of the rentals go up.

I do have a client who has a place she rents for short periods of time close to UNCG. So try calling Mary at The Clothesline. Send me a PM or email and I will give you her email.

Good luck!

Old 12-14-2007, 08:23 PM
vq1

134 posts, read 683,197 times
Default Lease with transfer option

Find the apartment that you want. Then explain to the landlord your circumstances: That you are here on a contract basis; You made the move because you expect the contract to last xx amount of time; However, the worst case scenario for you would be that your contract is "early" terminiated by your contractor.

Let the landlord know that you are willing to sign a standard lease, with an "early termination agrement due to job transfer" if you must move due to the loss of your "job." As a barganing tool, you could agree to either pay an amount extra in monthly rent for the term of the lease, or be responsible for certain additional items as carpet cleaning/painting, or that you would agree to forfeiting a portion of the security deposit if you did have to transfer unexpectedly.

I think that you will find that if a landlord has some vacancies they would be willing to "risk" the possible short-term rental against the possibility that you may stay there the full term.

Good luck!

Old 12-17-2007, 01:17 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,583,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkv12 View Post
Hello everyone,

This is really urgent - and I am hoping that someone here will be able to help me out!! I've been searching just about everywhere, and finally came to this forum for help.

I just moved to Greensboro this week, and I'm staying in a hotel right now. I'm working for a well-known company here in downtown Greensboro, but since I work on a contract basis, I don't want to sign a 6-month lease.

Are there any apartments / condos that rent out on a month-to-month basis?

I've tried Craigslist, Sublet.com, and a few other places, without any luck. Extended stay hotels and corporate housing are a bit too expensive for me.

There's another company called Help-u-move that would provide me with listings, but it charges quite a bit for that. And then again, I'd have to call up all the places in the listings to inquire about available apartments.

If anyone can help me with finding a place that provides month-to-month leasing options, I will be extremely grateful!!
Im a resident of CityView Apartments in downtown Greensboro. The complex is still under construction but a few buildings have opened to the residents. From what I was told, CityView will have some "corporate apartments". I know corporate apartments can have 30 day leases but I would contact CityView directly and find out if this is the case here. Hopefullly this is the case because I know you would love to live close by your job and its a VERY nice urban apartment complex.

http://www.cityviewatsouthside.com/

Old 02-10-2011, 12:23 AM

2 posts, read 15,523 times
Wink Relocating to Greensboro, NC

I am in a bit of a similar situation. The only difference is that, I will relocate with my job but it's not with a big time company, it's just retail. I will be visiting the area this weekend to apply for an apartment but most complexes are saying your income has to be 3x the rent. Does anyone know where can get a decent apartment 1 bedroom with a den or 2bedrooms in the 27401, 27409, 27407 vacinity that will not be too expensive? I would appreciate the information immensley!

Last edited by citygirl68; 02-10-2011 at 12:24 AM.. Reason: left a word out

Old 02-11-2011, 01:42 PM

10 posts, read 40,976 times
I'd look into anything near the UNCG campus, or out Wendover near Bridford...I think that is those zip codes. If you're not tied to those areas, there are some affordable places to rent off Westover Terrace near Grimsley HS, moving out Battleground towards New Garden and Horsepen Creek.

Old 02-12-2011, 05:05 AM

92 posts, read 297,644 times
try the beacon wendover. they offer month to month leases , but offer a discount when u sign a lease. my monthly rent ranges based on water usage in the community, but it's about $580/month. only utility u'll have will be electricity which can run a little high based on the weather, but I'd venture to say my monthly expenses here are a total of $650- $675. It's quiet, not many children at all, and it's close to everything I think. give them a call, I think u'll love the staff (very friendly and welcoming) 336-299-0172
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point