Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2007, 10:10 AM

4 posts, read 24,228 times

Advertisements

HI, Im new to the area and looking for a good african-american salon. My main style is the duby-wrap, and other wrap styles. Im looking for a nice, safe, salon, with class, no ghetto drama going on inside, and crime on the ourside. I prefer someplace in West Greensboro, nothing on the east side.....can someone help me? Also Im looking for Dominican salons too?

Old 08-01-2008, 01:19 PM

3 posts, read 42,383 times
I have the answer for you. La Look Day Spa & Salon in Mebane is an authentic Dominican salon. The lady that owns it, Evelyn has been doing the Doobie Wrap for over 30 years (just look at her license when you go in). She is a Puerto Rican from New York who just opened her place. She uses no setting lotion and no heat and her hair looks the bomb and so did mine when I got it done. I started going to her some time ago and my hair was trashed by all of the "bad" so called hairstylists in the area: breaking off, dry looking, damaged. But in the past two months of going to her, my hair has body, its growing and looks great. If you can't get an appointment with Evelyn, the other stylist in there is April from Jersey and she does the same but she also works with braids and dreds and she be working it out, girl. Their number is (919) 304-4222. I know, you say Mebane is a ride but girl I am coming from Winston and its worth it. I met some people at the salon who are driving 2 hrs distance just to get these chicks to work on them. Give them a call. They also do pedicures and manicures, they got a licensed massage therapist there and they do facials. You could go and get the "entire" hookup. Check them out.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:57 AM

33 posts, read 167,778 times
Cocolady247,

Just wanted to say thanks for the info. I gave them a call and Evelyn & April are really nice and they return your calls!!!! I stop relaxing my hair and April said she could press out real nice for me! So I will see what she can do with it. I have 3 different textures of hair in my head and it equals on big curly/nappy/fro of a mess---LOL

I warned her, she said she can work it out. They asked how I heard about them and I said a nice lady who drives all the way from Winston.

Thanks again

Old 08-16-2008, 06:11 PM

8 posts, read 55,343 times
There are two salons in Winston. Compare and Diversity. Diversity is expensive but she does a fabolous job.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:05 PM

1 posts, read 15,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niti05 View Post
Cocolady247,

Just wanted to say thanks for the info. I gave them a call and Evelyn & April are really nice and they return your calls!!!! I stop relaxing my hair and April said she could press out real nice for me! So I will see what she can do with it. I have 3 different textures of hair in my head and it equals on big curly/nappy/fro of a mess---LOL

I warned her, she said she can work it out. They asked how I heard about them and I said a nice lady who drives all the way from Winston.

Thanks again
Well, I took your advice, Coco and I went to get my hair done at La Look. April did my hair and yes I do love it. She did a wrap on it, explaining every product and process she did, telling me how to care for it. I will continue to go to her. However, I wasn't that impressed with Evelyn; she had no products whatsoever to use, she wasn't the most friendliest person in the world either. I don't know what I happened to walk in on, but she seemed to have an attitude with her co-worker (April, who just played it off). People were walking in the shop for a visit and Evelyn seemed to want to take ALL the customers away from April (she had me under the dryer and was patiently waiting from what I could see). It seemed a little unfair but I don't know how they operated but I thought it slightly unprofessional for a salon to be ran like that. But that's just my opinion. I still say that they both do good work and I hope it works out for them both.

Old 08-31-2008, 05:14 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
moderator note:

this is forum is not the place for gossip
please stick to the op

Old 09-02-2008, 06:43 PM

29 posts, read 101,128 times
There's also Dudley's School of Beauty over in Colfax.

Old 09-13-2008, 03:52 AM

3 posts, read 46,920 times
Default Just discovered this salon in Burlington

I moved here from Brooklyn, NY last year and I was missing the dominican salons but I ran into this lady that told me to go see this stylist named April at the Cater 2 U Salon in downtown Burlington. She told me that April used to work at some place in Mebane (wherever that is) but left there because it was in such an out of the way location and she is in a more "downtown" area now that was easy to find. I checked out her webpage (cocoatan247.com) and I liked what I saw so I went to check her out. She gave me a good haircut (without cutting ALL my hair off), did a real doobie wrap and there was a great selection of products to purchase right off the shelf in the salon. She hooked me up!!! She even does the Dominican Blowout. She was real nice and had a great personality. The salon was packed, but she shampooed me quickly and got me under the dryer just as fast. This salon was off the hook with all the latest equipment and was very tastefully decorated. She was using real Dominican products so I knew she was the real deal. No ghetto salon, no gossip and drama, not as quiet as a cemetary but lively enough. I have no question that I will continue to see that Jersey girl!! Hit up the webpage and check her bio out. I am loving my hair: soft, bouncy, so much body and she didn't brush out all my curl. I have gotten so many compliments and there's nothing like getting a real "doobie". Many have tried since I moved here, but didn't hit the mark. My hair has been craving this for the last 10 months. April is da one!!! Much love to Cater 2 U for getting her in there. See you in two weeks, A!!!

Last edited by Ashanti, Nubian Princess; 09-13-2008 at 04:07 AM.. Reason: missed some details

Old 09-13-2008, 04:13 AM

Big City Sista, have you been to see April too? Where you from? Do you still get her to do your do? I love the spot she's in. You must have went to that other place. Was it all that? She mentioned she wasn't that happy there, but she seems fine at this spot. Her number is the same. Check her out!!!

Old 09-13-2008, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocolady247 View Post
I have the answer for you. La Look Day Spa & Salon in Mebane is an authentic Dominican salon. The lady that owns it, Evelyn has been doing the Doobie Wrap for over 30 years (just look at her license when you go in). She is a Puerto Rican from New York who just opened her place. She uses no setting lotion and no heat and her hair looks the bomb and so did mine when I got it done. I started going to her some time ago and my hair was trashed by all of the "bad" so called hairstylists in the area: breaking off, dry looking, damaged. But in the past two months of going to her, my hair has body, its growing and looks great. If you can't get an appointment with Evelyn, the other stylist in there is April from Jersey and she does the same but she also works with braids and dreds and she be working it out, girl. Their number is (919) 304-4222. I know, you say Mebane is a ride but girl I am coming from Winston and its worth it. I met some people at the salon who are driving 2 hrs distance just to get these chicks to work on them. Give them a call. They also do pedicures and manicures, they got a licensed massage therapist there and they do facials. You could go and get the "entire" hookup. Check them out.
Well, Coco, April isn't there anymore. She moved to Cater 2 U and she is blowin up! Check the webpage and get in touch with her. I don't know where that other spot is but they're loss is someone elses gain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point