Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2019, 10:31 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,904,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjack View Post
Understood. That would be a better first step IMO. Only a matter of time before a full sized store will enter the market; possibly as part of a new apartment-condo project etc.
Very true. It just seems to me if cities like Columbia and Greenville can support a downtown Publix, Winston-Salem should be able to as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2019, 07:34 AM

52 posts, read 69,838 times
A rezoning request has been issued for a lot opposite BB&T ballpark for more apartments. No details at this time. We should have renderings in the coming weeks.

Old 08-16-2019, 01:32 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,959,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINsalem View Post
A rezoning request has been issued for a lot opposite BB&T ballpark for more apartments. No details at this time. We should have renderings in the coming weeks.
awesome i can't wait to see the rendering, i quite like the link alot.

Old 08-17-2019, 01:07 PM

4,588 posts, read 6,417,422 times
Time to transform the Ballpark District

Old 08-17-2019, 03:48 PM

6,156 posts, read 7,219,632 times
Definitely a good sign.

Old 08-17-2019, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
Time to transform the Ballpark District
Maybe it is possible that a development similar to the original brookstown district in terms of scale, can be reimagined for the ballpark area, I still feel Winston cityleaders and evonomic planners would have more than supported such a substantial project, but in the end it was not winstons fault, it was the cousins properties developers who already had a long track reccord for delivering empty promises, just like their proposed ballpark district at the braves stadium that completely flopped because they were in over their heads.
Only bad thing about that was some residential was demolished, but the project ended up being scrapped, so the city lost money and people lost houses.

Old 08-17-2019, 08:30 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,381,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOCitizen View Post
Maybe it is possible that a development similar to the original brookstown district in terms of scale, can be reimagined for the ballpark area, I still feel Winston cityleaders and evonomic planners would have more than supported such a substantial project, but in the end it was not winstons fault, it was the cousins properties developers who already had a long track reccord for delivering empty promises, just like their proposed ballpark district at the braves stadium that completely flopped because they were in over their heads.
Only bad thing about that was some residential was demolished, but the project ended up being scrapped, so the city lost money and people lost houses.
What residential property was demolished?

Old 08-18-2019, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderTheLiveOaks View Post
What residential property was demolished?
My bad, i got two different projects mixed up. no residential was demolished at braves stadium.

Old 08-20-2019, 07:13 AM

4,588 posts, read 6,417,422 times
Charlotte residential developer Grubb Properties is prepping to tear down a section of the former GMAC building, the first step toward adding 244 apartments in downtown Winston-Salem.

The group has moved demolition equipment to the six-story building, which is attached to the 500 West Fifth tower owned by an affiliate of Flow Automotive Cos., Buddy Thomas, Flow's director of real estate, said Monday.

Renderings from Fourth and Main

https://www.journalnow.com/business/...ed3fb7625.html

Old 08-20-2019, 07:40 AM

52 posts, read 69,838 times
^This rendering shown above is for the lot near the Ballpark...The Easley. I love the brick and the exterior lighting! It should look great from Peters Creek and the stands.

The article posted is about the Link Downtown on 4th street next to 500 W. 5th.

With the recent news of whatever happens with the Journal Lot North of 500 W. 5th, downtown could have 700+ apartments u/c in the near future!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point