Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 09:35 PM

6,157 posts, read 7,222,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
Who took the Triumph Center more seriously? I know you did when no one else seemed to and you were very adamant and argumentative about it...I never ran across anyone who actually thought that project was going to happen other than you. It just doesn't pay off to crow about such things before they begin, but I know that lesson didn't and won't sink in.
You never ran across anyone on the forums who thought it was going to happen. But at first many in the community including the media took it seriously until it was revealed that it was an "inexperienced black man" behind it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2016, 09:37 PM

6,157 posts, read 7,222,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsnc62 View Post
When you sit and think about something long enough, it becomes real in your mind. This kid will put a spin on anything to keep the conversation going and keep it relevant to his perception of the way things are or could be in the mind.

It's a way to keep the conversation going about Greensboro and justify a fantastical delusion.
Yet you and your buddies over at WSTB seriously think Winston -Salem is getting a Skyhouse apartment tower Talk about being unrealistic. I wouldn't hear the end of it if I were spouting off about Greensboro being able to get a Skyhouse even though Greensboro is larger and has similar demographics. You would think Winston-Salem is the size of Dallas or Boston they way they go on over there. It seems that in your mind what's pie in the sky for Greensboro is realistic for Winston-Salem. I can understand why some folk in Winston-Salem may feel threatened by this project, particularly those at WSTB, because it will take the title of having the tallest building in the Triad away from Winston-Salem. No one hase given one GOOD reason why Project 561 is not realistic. The best reason I've heard is that they can't see Greensboro having a building taller than the tallest building in Raleigh which is not a good reason at all. Roy Carroll certainly hasn't had to beg companies to take interest in his project considering several companies big and small have expressed interest despite higher leasing rates.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 04-02-2016 at 10:10 PM..

Old 04-02-2016, 11:48 PM

1,459 posts, read 1,164,014 times
wsnc62 you hit the nail on the head...

Old 04-03-2016, 10:37 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,032,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
You never ran across anyone on the forums who thought it was going to happen. But at first many in the community including the media took it seriously until it was revealed that it was an "inexperienced black man" behind it

I ran across you...you were certain it would happen and you listed reason after reason why it would happen. I have no idea about people in the real community who did or didn't believe in it, but I do know that you did and caused many heated discussions with many people supporting your stance. Now, fast forward to 2016 and a new tallest for Greensboro with no real chance of happening - yet you (and you alone) are certain that it will happen and you've listing reason after reason about why it would happen and caused many heated discussions with many people supporting your stance - AGAIN. I see a pattern of problems...bragging too soon is one of them, and not having enough real support for your argument is another, and not listening to people who have knowledge about such projects is another. It's Triumph Center, part II - spin, spin, spin.

If the media actually took it seriously then they were just as much at fault as you were, but I don't remember the media taking it that far. Maybe you just took information published about announcements or proposals and took those way too seriously. I never remember the media being on board with the craziness - and we do get all the Greensboro news over here as well. Maybe you're just saying that the media went overboard to make yourself look not as bad? Could be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point