Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2015, 05:53 AM

26 posts, read 38,173 times

Advertisements

I have battered my brains reading all of the horror stories about long distance movers.

Does anyone have a thought on the best way to move from CT to WS? Rent a tuck?? I will be moving down hopefully before year's end and just need some advice. Pods?? Car transport..........any advice would certainly be helpful..........it would be myself and grown son and 2 kitties !! So much to think about

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 07:20 AM

7,330 posts, read 15,380,121 times
If you don't want to use long distance movers, you can always rent a truck and get movers on each side to load and unload. We used Two Men and a Truck for our last local move, and I think they do load/unload. I've also heard good things about Tri-City Movers, and I know they do load/unload.

I've never had to deal with car transport, so I can't help you there.

Old 07-21-2015, 05:55 PM

thanks so much we also have Two Men and a Truck here I'll probably go with renting a truck
Im looking forward to the move

Old 07-22-2015, 05:28 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,423,675 times
I used. Pod. I really was impressed. It wasn't cheap but I needed to store my things while I lived with my elderly parents.

Old 07-23-2015, 05:17 AM

Default pods

yes Im was thinking of pods only because you pack them yourself. Might be expensive but by the time you pay the movers and how I read that they get you for this and that, hmmmmmmm........

think I'll inquire as to the prices, and I think they have a facility is it Kernersville????Somewhere there where you could easily go and get your things

Old 08-02-2015, 04:16 PM

6 posts, read 7,156 times
Hey northyankee, where are you from?
I'm in Hamden and looking to move to the area soon too.

Old 08-03-2015, 06:33 PM

im from Black ROck originally Greenwich..........

I know quite a bit about Winston have friends there from CT

lost my husband last year and am looking to buy a home there

my house will go on the market in the fall

you can email me...........what brought you to look into the area?

cfb1946@yahoo

Old 08-03-2015, 09:37 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,423,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northyankee View Post
yes Im was thinking of pods only because you pack them yourself. Might be expensive but by the time you pay the movers and how I read that they get you for this and that, hmmmmmmm........

think I'll inquire as to the prices, and I think they have a facility is it Kernersville????Somewhere there where you could easily go and get your things
No. If you need visiting storage, don't use the Pod. Yay! More yankees!

Old 08-06-2015, 08:44 AM

6 posts, read 7,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northyankee View Post
im from Black ROck originally Greenwich..........

I know quite a bit about Winston have friends there from CT

lost my husband last year and am looking to buy a home there

my house will go on the market in the fall

you can email me...........what brought you to look into the area?

cfb1946@yahoo
I have relatives in the Kings Highway area.

I started looking at climate first. Not too hot and we can't stand the cold any more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point