Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2008, 03:40 PM

1,570 posts, read 4,618,784 times

Advertisements

Hi all! A friend of mine and I are heading to Greensboro to see a band blay at the "Greene Street" on saturday feb 2nd. Its located on North Greene Street. I am looking for a hotel close to the show. I came across a good deal on hotwire.. 3 star for $54 but its in West Greensboro.. is this a good area and how far is it from "Greene Street"?? Thanks any information is welcomed!! :-) -J.T. Roanoke Va.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 10:21 AM

22 posts, read 141,097 times
Really depends on what hotel you are referring too - most of the hotels or "nice" hotels are located in one area near the mall.

Kelly

Old 01-29-2008, 05:39 PM

Smile Hyatt place?

What about the Hyatt Place? (formally the amerisuites) on Stanley Rd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by niightdrmr View Post
Really depends on what hotel you are referring too - most of the hotels or "nice" hotels are located in one area near the mall.

Kelly

Old 01-29-2008, 08:23 PM

525 posts, read 2,123,397 times
There's a Marriott a few hundred feet away from Greene Street. Stumbling distance, so to speak. Used to be the Sheraton. That way, no driving!

If you post the name of the place, we can tell you where it is in relation to GS.

What band, btw?

Old 01-29-2008, 10:40 PM

The Amerisuites is Ok - havent really been there to check it out - Wendover is pretty hectic during the weekend - not really that close to Greene street. Are you going to Greene Street Club for the Brooks Woods band??? You might want to check into hotels a little closer - but Wendover is not close to downtown.

Kelly

Old 01-30-2008, 03:59 PM

Smile Just surrender

Thanks for the help so far! Any more advice would be great!! I already got a room at the Hyatt Place on Stanley road.. I'd like to be closer to downtown but I got a really good deal on priceline ($39.00.. $50.00 after taxes) not really too concerned about the room just wanted a place too crash.. gonna be too tired to drive back to Roanoke! The hotel looks to be newly renovated too. The band is called Just Surrender. If your into emo/rock then you would like them. Check out their myspace page.. MySpace.com - Just Surrender NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!!! - Poughkeepsie / Dover Plains, New York - Rock / Emo / Powerpop - www.myspace.com/justsurrenderrock . Again any more advice would be great!!!! Thanks so much!!

Old 01-30-2008, 05:02 PM

This is the show right before the Brooks Woods band.. are they any good??

Quote:
Originally Posted by niightdrmr View Post
The Amerisuites is Ok - havent really been there to check it out - Wendover is pretty hectic during the weekend - not really that close to Greene street. Are you going to Greene Street Club for the Brooks Woods band??? You might want to check into hotels a little closer - but Wendover is not close to downtown.

Kelly

Old 01-30-2008, 10:32 PM

Well I really honestly couldnt tell you - I have never heard of them before, I just saw the ad. On Wendover there is an IHOP and JAKES DINNER to eat late at night - during the day there are alot of places to make a choice from as well. You'll be near shopping areas - lots of them - and well as I said that is one reason it is crowded on the weekends!!! But not too bad you should be ok!!! From Wendover to downtown you will probably be safest to get directions from the front desk -

Not sure what else you are asking to know about - but hope this helps some!! Have fun!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point