Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2015, 08:07 AM

4 posts, read 3,423 times

Advertisements

Looking to relocate from Asheville to the Winston/Greensboro area...
Single, female, 20-something.

Hoping for a city with a little history to it. Also, I won't know any one in the area so I'm curious which place might have a better downtown scene, or be easier to meet people??

I have a dog (30 lbs.) so I would prefer to rent a single family home with a yard, instead of an apartment.

And with that being said.. I'm curious which city, if either, is more dog-friendly?

Looking for advice about which city may be more suitable.. Winston or Greensboro

Thank you for any help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2015, 08:36 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,381,322 times
They are very similar places. Both have revitalized their downtowns, they are similar in size, have dog parks, etc. I would probably give a slight edge to W-S as I think its downtown is a little better and has a more history, especially Old Salem.

Old 11-02-2015, 09:05 AM

Thank you for your help!
It seems there's a little bit more housing available in Winston as far as what I'm seeking
I found something right near Reynolds Park, about 9 minutes from downtown

Old 11-02-2015, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodmf View Post
Thank you for your help!
It seems there's a little bit more housing available in Winston as far as what I'm seeking
I found something right near Reynolds Park, about 9 minutes from downtown
Thats not the greatest area.

Old 11-02-2015, 09:15 AM

What might be a better area to look at?

Also... I guess I've put the cart before the horse. Should have asked which location would have the better job market... winston or greensboro

Old 11-02-2015, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodmf View Post
What might be a better area to look at?

Also... I guess I've put the cart before the horse. Should have asked which location would have the better job market... winston or greensboro
Better job market? I'd say they are about equal. What kind of work do you do?

In Winston, look at Ardmore and West End neighborhoods if you want to be close to downtown. Sherwood Forest and surrounding ares if you want to be a bit further out, and Clemmons and Lewisville if you want to be out in the burbs. The closer in neighborhoods will be more conducive to meeting people your own age.

Old 11-02-2015, 09:25 AM

I have worked at a high-end country club recently. While living in NYC I was working in public relations... which is what I would really like to get back to.

The job market in Asheville isn't really conducive to more media-centric career fields, which is why I'm looking to move elsewhere

Old 11-02-2015, 09:32 AM

Again, both cities are about equal. There are some fairly significant consumer products companies in both cities, VF, Reynolds Tobacco, Hanes Brands, Garner Foods, etc. that create demand for PR, marketing etc.

Old 11-08-2015, 01:28 AM

142 posts, read 343,543 times
I am interested in this thread as I am an artist and art teacher. I also have a big dog and cats. I am interested in finding a nice neighborhood in the city or a country home or mobile home n private property ( an acre or less ) with 2 or more bedrooms. Could you recommend some neighborhoods or small towns that are a 20-30 minute drive to town in the triad or triangle area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point