Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 10:53 AM

57 posts, read 247,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDaly View Post
Is there any Benihana's type of places in Greensboro?
There are a bunch...Kabuto, which is on Wendover, Arigato (i think) at the Holden/Patterson intersection, Sapporo, which is on Battleground, another place I can't remember the name of is on West Market. Bunch of good choices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 12:38 PM

628 posts, read 2,069,501 times
Niki-

If you like Brixx you should check out 'Sticks and Stones" at 2200 Walker Ave. Clay oven cooked and fresh, local, and seasonal ingredients.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
I think I had seen in this thread (I don't feel like checking at the moment) where someone had suggested Mario's Pizza on Wendover (near Circuit City). My family and I went there Saturday night. It was pretty good. We like Pizzeria L'Italiano better, but whenever we don't feel like going downtown for pizza, we'll go to Mario's or Brixx.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:08 PM

799 posts, read 3,225,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjp4 View Post
There are a bunch...Kabuto, which is on Wendover, Arigato (i think) at the Holden/Patterson intersection, Sapporo, which is on Battleground, another place I can't remember the name of is on West Market. Bunch of good choices.
That one's called Sapporo, and they have big, fat SUSHI!!!! YUM!! Just down the street from moi. *burp*

Old 09-13-2008, 09:55 PM

799 posts, read 3,225,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momix5 View Post
The cookout tastes like the old charcoal broiled burger from growing up!
----> That's exactly it. That's it. To a tee. THANK YOU. I couldn't have done them better myself on the fourth of July.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:37 AM

525 posts, read 2,122,692 times
I miss Montego Bay- their jerk chicken was downright awesome.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:14 PM

715 posts, read 1,669,539 times
Old Towne Draught House on the UNC Greensboro campus is really good.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:18 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,388,406 times
My favorite is Tara Thai behind the Pizza hut off College Rd in Greensboro.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:57 AM

4,789 posts, read 14,740,681 times
I took a 5 day training session at Winston Salem, passed through Greensboro, and I'd have to say the fast food selection in these cities stink! Going through this thread, it seems the good restaurants are the independents that you have to try outand see if you like them.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:45 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
I took a 5 day training session at Winston Salem, passed through Greensboro, and I'd have to say the fast food selection in these cities stink! Going through this thread, it seems the good restaurants are the independents that you have to try out and see if you like them.
and some of the chains are good,esp. Chili's,Red Lobster and Lone Star;I've never had a bad meal at any of these.also Austin's in High Point,and Cities in W-S are good.(I don't think they're chains).
where are you from and what can you recommend elsewhere?

also,for those who like Lexington-style bbq,would you mind sharing your fav place?I love Speedy's in Lexington,but was wondering if there's anything comparable around,anywhere in NC.(beside Little Richard's).thanks.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:43 AM

4,218 posts, read 8,525,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
also,for those who like Lexington-style bbq,would you mind sharing your fav place?I love Speedy's in Lexington,but was wondering if there's anything comparable around,anywhere in NC.(beside Little Richard's).thanks.
My husband used to work in Welcome and ate lunch frequently at Speedy's Barbecue (between Welcome and Lexington). For what it's worth, lot of the Childress Racing team members eat there. For me, nothing beats the actual Lexington Barbecue (on Bus. 85, just south of Hwy 8 intersection).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point