Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 03:13 AM

14 posts, read 37,994 times

Advertisements

It's not a bad place to eat, they have pretty good drink specials. There's also one located on Battleground, past the Walmart.

My places are

Yum-Yums (Do I need to say anything about this place?)

Beef Burger (off Lee St, close to Tate St. A Super dipped would be so good right now.)

Metro Gourmet (Downtown across the street from Fincastle. They have some of the best sandwiches in town and they named them after various neighborhoods in Greensboro. They also have main dishes like Tuna Steak, homemade lasagna and the such. Another thing that makes it special is that it doubles as a specialty market with various beers and hard to find items like the Goat Lady Cheeses.)

Hayble's Hearth (The food there is so good and chances are you've driven by it without giving it a second thought. It's off Spring Garden and there's this little dinky sign that let's you know it's there from the road. It's right before TWC on the opposite side of the road. It's country cooking at it's finest. Better then K&W)

Bonnie Kays (They have some of the best fish you'll get in town. Granted the majority of their menu is fried fish, but it's so good. They have Flounder, Shrimp, Oysters and not much else, but they stay busy becasue the food is so good. They are located down Randleman Rd off Spur St in Pleasant Garden, NC. About a 15 min drive from downtown)

NYP (New York Pizza off Tate St. Their pizza is closer to NY pizza then Mario's. I live 5 minutes form the Marios on New Garden and I'll still travel to NYP and Tate St if I want NY style pizza.)

Some others I like are:
Bert's Seafood, Fincastles, Bianca's, Stamey's, Country BBQ, Cafe Pasta, Maxie B's (best desserts)and Spring Garden Pizzira

I'm sure I left some out, but it's 5 in the morning and I need sleep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2009, 12:46 PM

25 posts, read 61,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
Can anyone tell me anything about Poblano's? I was at Friendly Center yesterday evening and saw it near the Gap. Is the food good? Is it a family place?

I have had Poblano's on high point road which was very good. I have yet to go to the one in the Friendly Center, but I am sure it would be the same.

Old 11-21-2009, 07:43 AM

123 posts, read 231,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
seriously,my husb. swears by Fatz and Mellow Mushroom (pizza).I haven't eaten at those myself yet.I have tried Wall Street Deli (burgers and such)which is really good.
My vote goes out to FATZ, spent 3 months in Boiling Springs, SC in spring 2006, food is outstanding, but it was the friendliness of staff and overall feel of restaurant that puts it over the top. I still get a craving for it to this day, unfortunately living in Chicago right now so it would be quite a drive. If you stop by there tell the manager that Ray and Sandy from Chicago recommended it.

Old 11-21-2009, 07:45 PM

5 posts, read 26,480 times
My favorite restaurant in Greensboro USED to be Liberty Oak. Apparently they have changed ownership and the last time I went, it just didn't seem to be as good and their dessert menu had changed and all my favorites were gone!

I really love to eat at Village Tavern as I can't ever recall having a bad meal there. Ganache is also a great place to eat for both a nice meal and some fantastic desserts. I know, I know...I keep mentioning desserts. I do love them though!

For sushi I love eating at Wasabi, but there is a new place I've not had a chance to try yet - Imperial Koi is the name I believe. It's on New Garden. Anyone tried or recommend it?

Another place I really like, which is very small inside, is a place called Amalfi Harbour located on West Market Street. They were a little slow to bring out the food, but I've been with a large group both times. Aside from that, the food was amazing and I would love going back until I had a chance to try everything on the menu.

My two cents...

-cat

Old 11-22-2009, 09:32 AM

254 posts, read 925,292 times
The relaxed pace at Amalfi Harbour is intentional. It's a somewhat more European feel, where they're not trying to rush you through your meal to get to the next party. It's good to know this before deciding to dine there, so that you don't choose to eat there if you're in a rush. Excellent food.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:46 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,168,314 times
Village Tavern 1/2 price wine Wednesday Nights! Also love their chicken eggroll appetizer!
Green Valley Grill they have a great pecan crusted trout dish with a lemon sauce. Wonderful atmosphere especially around the holidays!
Elizabeth's Battleground (towards Summerfield)I agree is the best one. Good service good food. I have found the sauces at the other ones to differ, especially the alfredo which is really good at this Elizabeth's.
Bravo an Italian family restaurant has a nice atmosphere near Friendly Center. It had won me over from Macaroni Grill & Olive Garden hands down!
Only on Thursday nights if you enjoy Chicken Cordon Bleu then Haybles Hearth is worth a trip. 9 it is off of Spring Garden St)No atmosphere at all and somewhat a hole in the wall type place but has consistently held A rating and has been in the GSO area for over 20 years. Down home cooking is at this place for sure. They have a great homemade boston cream pie. A typical meal entree+2 veggies and bread is less than $5.

Old 11-22-2009, 02:56 PM

61 posts, read 165,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
if you enjoy Chicken Cordon Bleu then Haybles Hearth is worth a trip. 9 it is off of Spring Garden St)No atmosphere at all and somewhat a hole in the wall type place but has consistently held A rating and has been in the GSO area for over 20 years. Down home cooking is at this place for sure. They have a great homemade boston cream pie. A typical meal entree+2 veggies and bread is less than $5.
Hayble's Hearth is the best! Definitely lacks any kind of atmosphere. But the food is dirt cheap and oh so good. Great when you're in the mood for artery-clogging comfort food.

Old 01-01-2010, 07:12 PM

21 posts, read 67,209 times
Prissy Polly's and Clark's in Kernersville have the best BBQ I've ever eaten. Also, PP's banana pudding is to die for. Amazing stuff!!

Old 01-06-2010, 03:45 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,862,875 times
To the best of my knowledge, Ham's does the best kosher dog w/kraut in GSO.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:54 AM

1 posts, read 2,042 times

THAI AND SAI'S BURGERS AND HOT SUBS
435 J DOLLEY MADISON RD. GREENSBORO.NC
(336) 617-7838

https://www.facebook.com/ThaiAndSais
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point