Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 07:53 PM

615 posts, read 537,467 times

Advertisements

Carowinds is reporting that they have vastly increased the size of their water park. The new water park opens this year. They claim that it is now the largest in the Carolinas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 08:48 PM

6,156 posts, read 7,222,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The QC View Post
Carowinds is reporting that they have vastly increased the size of their water park. The new water park opens this year. They claim that it is now the largest in the Carolinas.
Actually I saw that article in the Charlotte Observer. I think they have their facts wrong I'm sure on purpose for marketing reasons. Its amazing they would blantently lie about that fact. The expanded water park at Carowinds is 27 acres. Wet n Wild Emerald Pointe is 40 acres, almost half the size of a typical dry theme park. Emerald Pointe ranks as one of the largest water parks in the country as well. Its been 40 acres for years. Most water parks around the country are between 8 and 20 acres.Carowind's water park doubled in size going from about 14 acres to 27 but still falls short 13 acres from being the largest water park in the Carolinas. It's certainly the second largest water park in the Carolinas followed by Myrtle Waves in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina at 20 acres which is South Carolina's largest water park. Carowinds should remove " now the largest water park in the Carolinas" from their website because it clearly is not and it's false advertisement. Even with a quick look at an updated google earth you can see that Emerald Pointe is larger. There is actually enough land for Emerald Pointe to expand to at least another 15 acres.

Sources from websites

The new Carolina Harbor
http://wlos.com/news/local/carowinds...k-opens-may-21

Wet n Wild Emerald Pointe
https://www.emeraldpointe.com/plan-a...out-wet-n-wild

http://www.ultimatewaterpark.com/wat...aldpointe.html

Last edited by gsoboi78; 06-02-2016 at 10:04 PM..

Old 06-07-2016, 08:28 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,032,687 times
Emerald Pointe is often ranked as one of the best water parks in the nation...it's also one of the larger, but there are several that are larger...Noah's Ark Wisconsin, Aquatica San Diego, White Water Atlanta, Schlitterbaun South Padre Island, Splish Splash Long Island NY, Raging Waters San Dimas CA, Water World Denver (to name a few) are larger than 40 acres. Emerald Pointe is a great attraction for Greensboro and I have to doubt that Carolina Harbor even compares well to it.

Charlotte doesn't always have the best/biggest/most of NC!

Old 06-08-2016, 04:42 AM

I think Noah's Ark is the largest in the nation, twice the size of Emerald Pointe. I've heard Schlitterbaun is an amazing water park as well.

Old 06-08-2016, 09:47 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,628,713 times
Perhaps the expanded Carolina Harbor is counting total number of gallons or something like that for their "largest" claim?

Old 06-25-2016, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emelvee View Post
Perhaps the expanded Carolina Harbor is counting total number of gallons or something like that for their "largest" claim?
Also even if Carolina Harbor were larger than Emerald Pointe in size it still would not be the largest waterpark in North Carolina. That's because the waterpark area of Carowinds is actually in South Carolina. Half of Carowinds is in South Carolina and the other half in North Carolina.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:22 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,901,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
looks like there has been enough interest and hasn't been cancelled like the event that had been planned for Winston. The slide is coming May 21. It is a bit pricey though. $45 the day of the event for triple slider and $99 for all day. A single slide is $15. The 1,000 foot long slide will lead into downtown Greensboro on Freeman Mill Rd which is a down hill stretch across several bridges.

Giant slide coming to Greensboro - Greensboro News & Record: Go Triad: A&E Extra

Greensboro - Slide the City
How was it?

Over the past two years, STC has sold out twice in Raleigh. If the demographic is there, it will sell. Trust.

Old 07-11-2016, 03:07 PM

I dont know if it sold out in Greensboro but it was a success. A lot of people showed up. There was a big crowed when I passed by

Old 07-11-2016, 06:52 PM

2,679 posts, read 2,901,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
I dont know if it sold out in Greensboro but it was a success. A lot of people showed up. There was a big crowed when I passed by
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point