Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2008, 08:05 PM

2 posts, read 4,841 times

Advertisements

I probably sound sooo stupid for being in this situation, but here goes:

A former friend(he passed away), myself and our signifigant others were all at his house having dinner. His g/f's ex husband called and started making threats, and eventually started threating me and my wife and daughter. My freind decided that he was going to meet this guy and have a few words. I told him that he had a couple of drinks (I had none) and that I should atleast drive him. My wife went because she wanted to be sure that there was another witness there "in case". As we were leaving two guys stopped us at the end of the driveway. THey were friends of my friend (that I had never met). THey decided to go along. We finally get to where we were supposed to meet this guy, which happened to be where he worked, but it had been closed for 3 hours. We dropped the two guys that I didn't know off down the street so that they would stay out of whatever happened. When we pulled up I saw that the person we were supposed to meet had a knife. Before I could say anything, my friend hopped out of the car and they ran at each other. My friend tried to tackle the guy with the knife, but he was much smaller and couldn't knock him down. The other guy then starts stabbing my friend all over his back. I jumped out of the car and ran over to the two of them and tackled them both. I got stabbed myself 3 times. I got control of the guys hand that had the knife after a struggle. My friend was lying on the ground. The two other guys then ran up and started kicking the crap out of the guy with the knife. I actually got hit a couple of times and let go. One of those two got stabbed too. We then left to take my friend to the hospital. He wouldn't let us drop him off, but later I got him to go, because he was coughing up blood. The guy with the knife called the cops and said he was taking out the trash and got jumped. I went to the police station the next day (About 10 hours later) and gave a statement. My friend nearly died and ended up making a statement from the hospital. THe guy with the knife has since been put in jail for around 8 warrants ranging from communicating threats to assault on a female to Larceny by an employee. I was charged with Felonious Assault with Seroius Bodily Injury. I know that I am not toatally in the right here, but I am the only one having to deal with this, and all I did was stop my friend from being stabbed.... The DA said that the best that they could do was let me plea to misdemeanor assault with seroius bodily injury. That disqualifies me from a program that I am trying to get accepted to with the Army. I have no proirs except for minor traffic stuff. Is there anything I can do?? Is there anything/cases out there that are like this??? To be able to go into the army I have to have less than a misdemeanor with no suspended sentence..... HELP!!! I have an attourney, but if anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated. This hapened in Lexington..... Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 08:28 PM

122 posts, read 200,248 times
Don't worry about sounding stupid. This kind of thing happens all the time in the Triad. I found your story very entertaining. My recommendation would be to move to a more cosmopolitan town where it's easier to separate yourself from the rift raft. Think about relocating to NYC, DC or San Francisco. I realize crimes occur in those cities, but it's rare that you'll have to leave dinner because one of your friends needs a ride to a knife fight.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:35 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,559,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayorofsynsky View Post
Don't worry about sounding stupid. This kind of thing happens all the time in the Triad. I found your story very entertaining. My recommendation would be to move to a more cosmopolitan town where it's easier to separate yourself from the rift raft. Think about relocating to NYC, DC or San Francisco. I realize crimes occur in those cities, but it's rare that you'll have to leave dinner because one of your friends needs a ride to a knife fight.
You advising the OP to move to a more cosmopolitan area to avoid the riff raff? The OP and his friend are part of the problem. It would have been one thing if the ex had come to the house but they went to meet him. This is why the OP has been charged with a criminal offense.
The proper step would have been to notify the police.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:40 AM

122 posts, read 200,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
You advising the OP to move to a more cosmopolitan area to avoid the riff raff? The OP and his friend are part of the problem. It would have been one thing if the ex had come to the house but they went to meet him. This is why the OP has been charged with a criminal offense.
The proper step would have been to notify the police.
Good point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point