Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 10:46 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,958,699 times

Advertisements

Hello all i would like to keep this updated as much as possible with pics and or videos if you can, it's just a thread talking about current and future developments in the Greensboro Area, Can be anywhere between Construction, Proposals,renovation, deconstruction and etc. This can also include all of the construction on highpoint road, since it's in the same area.

So here is a map. This may need to be updated. Includes up to date pictures.

Updated: detailed map.

Under construction.Light blue: Greenway at Stadium Park Apartments, 5 stories, currently on 3.

Breaking Ground: Roy Carrol 4 acre High end Bellemeade Village Mixed use project, consisting of residential, retail and office space, A city within a city.

Includes Luxurious Hyatt Place Hotel.

Voted/Planning.Orange: Lindsay street closure.

Completed.Light purple: US trust Building, Renovation inside/out. all in all 9 million dollars was spent.

Before:

After:

http://www.laminatorsinc.com/sites/w...s/DSC00811.JPG

Planning.Dark purple: Redevelopment.

Proposed.Green: downtown Hampton Inn & Suites.

Future.Pink: Roy Carrol Center point Phase 2(maybe)

Planning and approved by the city council .Blue: 14 story wyndham Conference Hotel tower. scedualed to open 2015, first highrise to be built in 25 years, excluding (center pointe)

Note: the official height of the parking deck is now 4.5 stories, rather than 6. building is still 8 stories, and 15 stories high. parking is Above ground.

Going full speed.Light Green: South Eastern Building, Renovation, Modern Mixed use, includes luxury condos, retail and office space

Soon to Break ground.Red: GPAC

Planning/Proposed.Yellow: Indoor outdoor carousel/ Park, Ferris wheel.

Downtown university Park.

City View Extension.

And of course the Downtown Greenway. And i'm sure i'm missing alot more.

Hopefully the Lindsay street closure will force the city to fix greene streets ridiculous traffic pattern.

small infill urban office spaces for lindsay and battle ground

this will go on the vacant corner near Deep Roots Grocery Store and Greenway at Fisher Park Apartments

Very modern mixed use, the appeal, will suit the area nicely to create a robust urban core for the north east side of downtown, in the core of all the residential Boom.

Last edited by YinXyang; 09-24-2014 at 11:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2014, 06:28 PM

Does anyone have any other pictures?'

More of the us Trust Building, it looks MUCH nicer, especially in person.

Entrance, Retail first 3 floors.

Last edited by YinXyang; 09-24-2014 at 06:37 PM..

Old 09-24-2014, 10:07 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,389,215 times
Wow, so many questions but first a question about Bellemeade Village looks awesome and I've seen it discussed before. It looks game changing for GSO but how soon is it to begin construction.

I seem to recall some GSO posters saying it was a long shot, it would never get financing, etc. but I haven't really checked back in. Is it fairly likely this thing breaks ground in phased or what.

And not to go Off topic, is there a topic on Winston developments? Seems like I always seem them for GSO but never Winston.

Old 09-25-2014, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
Wow, so many questions but first a question about Bellemeade Village looks awesome and I've seen it discussed before. It looks game changing for GSO but how soon is it to begin construction.

I seem to recall some GSO posters saying it was a long shot, it would never get financing, etc. but I haven't really checked back in. Is it fairly likely this thing breaks ground in phased or what.

And not to go Off topic, is there a topic on Winston developments? Seems like I always seem them for GSO but never Winston.
Hello and welcome, first to answer your question, currently more land is being converted at the moment, i will break this down in a map.

At first they were calling for this much. originally it was supposed to be that block right infront of the stadium.
Between lindsay and jefferson st.

now, it's this.

As of right now, crews are still demolishing buildings on eugene street, they also still need to close off the road.

And as for winston, i'm not sure actually sure, since i am Greensboro resident, i'm sure someone will make a thread on projects in Winston Salem though.

Old 09-25-2014, 06:14 AM

74 posts, read 151,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
I would make a thread but I don't think I would be willing to update it as often to keep a decent thread up.. But I'm sure winston development is relevant to this thread considering they are close tied, neighboring cities.

Ill show some of the most influential project in Winston-Salem

http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/h...90189083_n.jpg

Interior demolition is currently ongoing to convert the Reynolds building to Hotel Monaco, Winston-Salems first 4 star hotel and NC first Kimpton Hotel.

http://i.imgur.com/V8jbU2Y.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QshqGve.jpg
http://winstonsalemskyscrapers.com/a...astend2014.jpg

The Bailey Park in downtown Winston-Salem is currently the only piece under construction by Wake Forest's Innovation Quarters. This is very very important as it will attract many young professionals. 77% of the IQ district has now been leased, while the planning stages are undergoing to begin new development.

http://i.imgur.com/XvOx4N7.jpg
100_4182_zps49e60f02.jpg Photo by rmhpmi | Photobucket
http://winstonsalemskyscrapers.com/a...ksDowntown.jpg

A very important asset that the IQ has is the Bailey Power plant. It can potentially become Winston-Salems downtown attraction hub. Being right across the street from the IQ, there are plans for Sci-works relocation, bowling alley, movie theater, restaurants/retail, skate park/ice skating, it is rumored to begin construction in october

http://users2.e-scapes.com/gaudreau/...ake_forest.jpg

The Power Plant and the Downtown Wake Forest medical campus are the last two pieces of renovation. The rest of the IQ will be new development. Bringing the Medical school to downtown will be a game changer. There will be much more activity on that side of the city and increase foot activity to further influence ground retail in downtown. This is rumored to begin construction around the same time as the power plant, around October.

http://images.apartmentfinder.com/ph...2CDDD045FB.jpg
imgur: the simple image sharer
imgur: the simple image sharer

The Link apartments

http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/h...00193867_n.jpg

Big Winston is now open and available for lease. With Black Mountain Chocolate headquarters being the anchoring tenant, Big Winston is a great addition for the Winston-Salem arts district. You can take tours of the factory and see chocolate being made as it is shipped to places such as california and other places through out the US.

Well I'm running out of time, wish i could keep posting but i have to go to work:P

Old 09-25-2014, 09:39 AM

Hmmm, we do need a Winston thread, and a Winston local to keep up to date with all the projects. i nominate joetarheel, little do people know, Development in the triad it actually going full speed.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:18 AM

322 posts, read 666,476 times
Several new identities on the forum, and several missing lately , are there not?

Old 10-08-2014, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsnc62 View Post
Several new identities on the forum, and several missing lately , are there not?
it's getting back into the flow, as for me, i've been here since 2006, I couldn't access my old main account though, but it's alright

Yesterday, i talked with someone from the cities planning and development department about the wyndham conference hotel tower, They said the lot will break ground some time soon, but construction could begin this year or early 2015, right now, they are still going through the motions after acquiring the incentives to build it, it will definitely look nice when it's completed, but i still don't know how i feel about 8 story building on top of a 5 story parking deck.

There was also talk of a 25 story mixed use building being thrown around. But i couldn't get anymore information about it.
Sounds to me like center point phase 2. if carol were to build it, it would definitely be mixed use, it just makes more sense.

It's nice to see mixed use being so welcome in downtown Greensboro.

But honestly, if the aforementioned building was to be built, i hope it has a signature design..something that looks nice and won't clash with the rest of the buildings or become forgettable. Alot of skylines tend to not "flow" together in terms of building design.

The dome in winston is still my 3rd favorite tower in the state behind the hurst tower and BOA. I just can't stand big tall block buildings from the 70's, the winston tower gets a pass because it's just cool looking. with the attena mast's and big bold letters.
and is actually slim looking at it from the sides.

So Greensboro should definitely take notes from other NC cities,world cities.

Last edited by YinXyang; 10-08-2014 at 08:09 AM..

Old 10-08-2014, 04:06 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOCitizen View Post
it's getting back into the flow, as for me, i've been here since 2006, I couldn't access my old main account though, but it's alright

Yesterday, i talked with someone from the cities planning and development department about the wyndham conference hotel tower, They said the lot will break ground some time soon, but construction could begin this year or early 2015, right now, they are still going through the motions after acquiring the incentives to build it, it will definitely look nice when it's completed, but i still don't know how i feel about 8 story building on top of a 5 story parking deck.

There was also talk of a 25 story mixed use building being thrown around. But i couldn't get anymore information about it.
Sounds to me like center point phase 2. if carol were to build it, it would definitely be mixed use, it just makes more sense.

It's nice to see mixed use being so welcome in downtown Greensboro.

But honestly, if the aforementioned building was to be built, i hope it has a signature design..something that looks nice and won't clash with the rest of the buildings or become forgettable. Alot of skylines tend to not "flow" together in terms of building design.

The dome in winston is still my 3rd favorite tower in the state behind the hurst tower and BOA. I just can't stand big tall block buildings from the 70's, the winston tower gets a pass because it's just cool looking. with the attena mast's and big bold letters.
and is actually slim looking at it from the sides.

So Greensboro should definitely take notes from other NC cities,world cities.
The worst part is if it is ugly it can't be hidden, so I agree, it has to be done right.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:54 AM

Not development related, but i seem to have fallen inlove with the LFG building, it's just so bold it dominates everything in the area, and the design is modern yet "old timey" at the same time. i also didn't know it stands at 380 feet tall. That's the height of the old wachovia building in winston minus the mast.

North Carolina seems to have some very attractive "signature" or "center peice" skyscrapers.

Fun fact: if the LFG tower was in South Carolina, it would be the tallest building in South Carolina

SC bank building in Columbia is 349 feet, the LFG building is 380 feet, never knew that...

Last edited by YinXyang; 10-09-2014 at 11:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point