Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2021, 11:31 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,367,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
Soo last wknd I ventured to Hanes Mall. I didnt think I'd ever return after my last visit. But non the less i returned.and I must say, it was a enjoyable experience! Perhaps even if u squinted hard u could see the mall of the 90s appearing. It was busy, and stores were open and had. a hustle and bustle about them.it seemed like there was life inside the mall again! I thought to myself (this Is the mall life the younger generation knows) they dont know the 90s mall life and this is probably just as exciting experience to them as it was when I was young. I honestly cant see Hanes mall going away anytime in the next 20 years . Who know I might be wrong in 10 years ..but all I know is that I kinda seemed like old times!
I was disappointed that the Macy's closed. Overall Macy's does not seem to have performed as well in NC since the Hecht's conversion, except maybe Crabtree and SouthPark. (Raleigh and Charlotte). Several nice locations closed. I know Belk is strong in NC, but Hecht's seemed to be managed better before becoming Macy's, despite the more prominent name. But have they found a new tenant for the former Macy's spot at Hanes Mall? And is the JCPenney still there? And what about the old Sears space?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2021, 05:22 PM

6,161 posts, read 7,229,334 times
Macy's was once considered a high end store chain like Nordstrom which had stores in major U.S. cities. Once all the Hechts stores were converted to Macy's, ever city had one and it just became another department store like Dillard's and Belk.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 06-12-2021 at 05:43 PM..

Old 06-12-2021, 08:25 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,367,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Macy's was once considered a high end store chain like Nordstrom which had stores in major U.S. cities. Once all the Hechts stores were converted to Macy's, ever city had one and it just became another department store like Dillard's and Belk.
The Hech'ts stores were better managed before Macy's took over. They were a good store but did not have the prestigious nameplate of Macy's, which is famous for their flagship store and parade in New York. And it was not a only Hecht's, but most regional Federated and May stores were converted to Macy's. Including Rich's, Lazarus, Burdine's, Kaufmann's, Foley's, and Marshall Field. There was backlash in certain cities that lost their regional nameplate. And several of the NC Hecht's stores were Thalhimer's before they were bought by Hecht's.

Old 06-14-2021, 01:19 PM

385 posts, read 291,470 times
Yes jc Penny's is still there! It's the gateway between the old Mall and New Mall ...Novant health has moved into the Sears spot...Hects did seem to have a better business model about it. I'm old enough to remember when it was thalhimers. I can still see that logo in my mind from all the Thalhimers shopping bags my grandmother and mom would wind up walking around with on their wknd shopping trips lol..I think I heard Trulient call center was suppose to move into the old Macys spot. When that happens then the Mall feel will probably disappear some more and a business park vibe will take place...wish It would stay solely Retail Spots.. perhaps what they should do is move all retail stores to either the old or new part and keep the other part solely businesses..

Old 06-14-2021, 08:05 PM

4,607 posts, read 6,435,061 times
It’s a national epidemic. Concord police said Sunday afternoon that one person was injured in a shooting outside the theaters at Concord Mills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point