Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2008, 05:17 PM

7 posts, read 25,799 times

Advertisements

I am single and already living in Greensboro. I would like to buy a townhome in the $115-150,000 range. Any suggestions on what community/area to buy in? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 08:55 PM

52 posts, read 188,419 times
even though realtors hate it... try realtor.com Greensboro, NC, Real Estate Listings and Greensboro, NC Condo/Townhouse/Co-Op for Sale - Realtor.com

i hope this link works, i put your search between 125k and 75k

Old 03-08-2008, 06:43 PM

7 posts, read 25,799 times
Thank you for the Realtor.com info. I have looked on there and have an idea of the price range in Greensboro that I need to be in. What I really need help in is what community/subdivision would be a good match for a young professional? I keep hearing that the north/N/W is the place to be. Any suggestions?

Old 03-08-2008, 07:53 PM

cotswold ave area is good. so is brassfield areas, new garden, the downtown area would be good. Spencer's Crossing on N. Church st. is new and their still building. so is brandonshire or bradfordshire or something like that being built out in the w. wendover or w. friendly area. the thing about being a young professional and condos around here is that any of them not in run down areas are ok. it starts getting more focused when you decide to have kids.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:43 AM

525 posts, read 2,122,692 times
oh my... there are so many. Depends on where you want to be. Rachel's Keep, Robyn's glen, Cobblestone park, Bridford Downs... It also matters how many bedrooms and how new you want. Looking at my listings right now and and there's over 141 listings.

Do take into consideration the monthly HOA fees, which lately are over $100 a month. So basically add that into your payment when you calculate your budget.

Let me know if I can help.

Old 03-10-2008, 05:17 PM

yeah and any place that doesn't have a pool and still has an HOA over 100 is full excrement del torro. and after calculating that most condo complexes with pools will have children running rampant at the pool every day, for a single person, its not worth cost. plus you never know when one of those kids will crap in the pool and then leave. no lifeguards are on duty and the pool will be rendered useless until someone drains the pool and cleans it. the end result is a waste of money.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:19 AM

628 posts, read 2,069,501 times
HA!! Wasn't there a funny bit in CaddyShack about a Baby Ruth being lost in a pool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by distortedrumble View Post
yeah and any place that doesn't have a pool and still has an HOA over 100 is full excrement del torro. and after calculating that most condo complexes with pools will have children running rampant at the pool every day, for a single person, its not worth cost. plus you never know when one of those kids will crap in the pool and then leave. no lifeguards are on duty and the pool will be rendered useless until someone drains the pool and cleans it. the end result is a waste of money.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_Random View Post
HA!! Wasn't there a funny bit in CaddyShack about a Baby Ruth being lost in a pool?
if only someone could be so lucky LOL....thanks for the reminder..i wont be eating candy bars for a while

Old 03-14-2008, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by distortedrumble View Post
And whatever you do, don't buy a unit near said pool or you will never sleep late again while that pool is open. Seriously, kids will be in it yelling and screaming starting at 7am during the summer.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_Random View Post
So I got that goin for me, which is nice...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point