Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2017, 12:37 AM

55 posts, read 62,847 times

Advertisements

Hey everybody!

Can anyone tell me about the homes being built by Wade Jurney?
I looked a few today, which were so nice and right up my price range. I read in an old forum from 08' that they do section 8 with a few houses. I'd rather not live in an area that takes section only because I know areas here in NY are horrible. I also don't know the precise address, but it's near E. Lee St/Bluestale and Holliston st. Anyone familiar with the area? I'm worried because after reading a few post every one says the east part of the GB is not the greatest, many sketchy neighborhoods. E. Lee st is one that everyone mentions, but the street is so long.. What are the areas or cross st everyone keeps speaking about?
I lived in New York (The Bronx!) all my life and I can present you some REAL SKETCHY NEIGHBORHOODS! What I saw today is nothing, it was quite nice, but then again, I was only around for a few hours.

Also, we visited two High schools (Northwest and Southeast) I wanted a feel of both school opposite from each other and surprisingly, my son really liked SE they were so nice and welcoming. He met a few teachers at SE vs NE, none of the teachers even said hello to us, the kids did not look very welcoming plus the atmosphere was so different.
These houses are zoned with SE that's why we are looking into them.

Sorry for such a long post.

I truly hope to hear from a few of you's my husband is really considering the area and I would love to know if it's worth it.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2017, 06:00 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,372,406 times
That part of Lee Street/Gate City Boulevard is sort of semi-rural. Most of the sketchy areas are between Murrow Boulevard and Business 85. The are you are talking about is past that. SE High School is a decent school, if your son likes it, go for it. You might want to look closer to the school, maybe in the Pleasant Garden area. One issue with the neighborhood on E. Lee Street is that it is quite removed from any amenities like shopping, restaurants, etc.

Old 05-31-2017, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
That part of Lee Street/Gate City Boulevard is sort of semi-rural. Most of the sketchy areas are between Murrow Boulevard and Business 85. The are you are talking about is past that. SE High School is a decent school, if your son likes it, go for it. You might want to look closer to the school, maybe in the Pleasant Garden area. One issue with the neighborhood on E. Lee Street is that it is quite removed from any amenities like shopping, restaurants, etc.

Thanks BC1960

We are still looking but it seems like it may be a go! But I want to make sure it's the right decision.
Also I did notice it was pretty far from shopping and restaurants etc
Still have a few months, so we will see...

Btw thanks for responding, you've responded to a few of my post and you have been very helpful!

Old 07-14-2017, 10:03 PM

Anymore feedback?

Old 09-13-2017, 09:53 PM

Bump.

Old 09-20-2017, 05:59 PM

122 posts, read 98,270 times
We bought a Wade Jurney home this year. We haven't lived in it for very long so my opinion is obviously only going to be a "first impressions" but we already like it a lot.

Note that we are NOT in Greensboro. I'm not familiar with the streets you were naming, but I get the impression they were in Greensboro? Anyway, I can't speak to Greensboro - only been there once, I liked it a lot better than Raleigh, but I need to visit it more to be able to speak to it.

The Wade Jurney home we bought is in southern Alamance county. It is a nicely laid out house, warm and welcoming feel, no wasted space, and so far as I can tell from only three months of ownership it seems sound. You mentioned section 8 which I am hazy about but isn't that rental housing for low income seniors? If so, then I don't think we have any of those on our development.... everyone in a Wade Jurney home here is an owner, not renter. I don't know about elsewhere though.

Old 09-21-2017, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yet_another_userid View Post
We bought a Wade Jurney home this year. We haven't lived in it for very long so my opinion is obviously only going to be a "first impressions" but we already like it a lot.

Note that we are NOT in Greensboro. I'm not familiar with the streets you were naming, but I get the impression they were in Greensboro? Anyway, I can't speak to Greensboro - only been there once, I liked it a lot better than Raleigh, but I need to visit it more to be able to speak to it.

The Wade Jurney home we bought is in southern Alamance county. It is a nicely laid out house, warm and welcoming feel, no wasted space, and so far as I can tell from only three months of ownership it seems sound. You mentioned section 8 which I am hazy about but isn't that rental housing for low income seniors? If so, then I don't think we have any of those on our development.... everyone in a Wade Jurney home here is an owner, not renter. I don't know about elsewhere though.

Thank you so much for the reply!!

I'm also happy you are liking your new home.
Yes, the houses we are looking at are in the south east area of Greensboro. The area seems nice and quite and I'm to sure why some people say most of the eastern apart of Greensboro can be sketchy, living in New York I know sketchy and what I saw was not.

As far, as section 8 I hate to stereotype but I talking from experience in NY most section recipient aren't just senior citizen, its a lot of low income people and where I'm from some don't care how they live and are very rude disrespectful (again I said some, I don't want any one to attack me)

Would you mind sending me a message and telling me how your process when with WJ? Did you use their lenders? if not its ok and thanks again !

Old 09-21-2017, 01:06 PM

475 posts, read 684,434 times
It's probably worth it to read the 30+ 'Wade Jurney Homes' Google reviews that come up if you do a search - the great majority of them being 1-star (out of 5) ratings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point