Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 12:13 PM

42 posts, read 39,681 times

Advertisements

I will be working at WFBMC starting next Jan, and looking for a convenient and safe apartment for 6 months lease. I can drive up-to 15 minutes but do not want to spend more than 750$/month (1BR).

Any recommendations on these places:

1. Sherwood Station Apartments, 3535 Beacon Hill Dr NW, Winston-Salem, NC 27106
2. Legacy Park, 1805 Legacy Park Ln, Winston-Salem, NC 27103
3. Brannigan Village Apartments, 200 Brannigan Village Dr, Winston-Salem, NC 27127
4. Madison Hall Apartments, 6889 Idols Rd, Clemmons, NC 27012
5. Ardmore Terrace & Cloverdale Apartments, 245-A New Dr, Winston-Salem, NC 27103

Other "upscale" places are asking for 1100-1300/months for short term lease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2017, 12:22 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,328,851 times
Well, I've never lived in any of those, but they're all in perfectly safe areas, as far as I know. Ardmore Terrace/Cloverdale would be by far the most convenient for you, as you could easily walk or bike to work. The buildings are older and they're nothing fancy, but I've known people who live there who said they're clean and safe. Personally, they'd be my pick of those you mentioned, at least short-term while you get a read on the area.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:40 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,486,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderTheLiveOaks View Post
Well, I've never lived in any of those, but they're all in perfectly safe areas, as far as I know. Ardmore Terrace/Cloverdale would be by far the most convenient for you, as you could easily walk or bike to work. The buildings are older and they're nothing fancy, but I've known people who live there who said they're clean and safe. Personally, they'd be my pick of those you mentioned, at least short-term while you get a read on the area.
I agree totally.

Old 10-12-2017, 02:43 PM

Great, thank you so much for your quick reply. Appreciate your inputs.
Overall, no red flags for any of these, I assume. I was leaning more towards Sherwood Station vs Brannigan Village.

Old 10-12-2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadNerd View Post
Great, thank you so much for your quick reply. Appreciate your inputs.
Overall, no red flags for any of these, I assume. I was leaning more towards Sherwood Station vs Brannigan Village.
Sherwood Station is in a good part of town. I live not far away, actually. Great area for families. But it’s more suburban in feel and farther from WFBMC than Ardmore Terrace. Brannigan and Legacy are the ones I know least about. They seem fine. None of the spots you picked raised any red flags to me. Will you visit before you lease?

Old 10-12-2017, 10:55 PM

Thanks for reinforcing, appreciate it. Actually, I will be leasing without visiting! I will be relying mostly on my internet search and recommendations made by forum members. Looks Ardmore is coming as common name.

Old 10-13-2017, 05:09 AM

410 posts, read 338,042 times
You will be fine at Ardmore Terrace or Cloverdale Apartments; I lived there a number of years ago and the places are basically the same as they have always been. The only draw back was that the units were not particularly well-insulated, so it was not uncommon to hear the neighbors, but it was not a deal breaker for me. The other advantage, in addition to walking/biking to work, is that you are also very close (i.e., a few blocks) to several restaurants and grocery stores that you could walk to as well. Best of luck!

Old 10-13-2017, 06:09 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,537,204 times
Quote:
...a convenient and safe apartment for 6 months lease.
Most LL's and property managers seek people who will stay for years; not months.
The few that will accommodate short term will charge enough for the 6 mo's to make up the difference...
and limit the tenant to the more beat up units like those due for remodeling

For a short term spot look into sublets and or house shares.
There are a LOT of shares in the Ardmore (WFBMC) area.
Has no one at the hospital or school told you where to look?

Quote:
I will be leasing without visiting!
Don't do that. See the SPECIFIC unit before signing or paying anything.

Last edited by MrRational; 10-13-2017 at 06:17 AM..

Old 10-13-2017, 02:07 PM

Thank you JoesJava and MrRational

Old 10-13-2017, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Thanks for reinforcing, appreciate it. Actually, I will be leasing without visiting! I will be relying mostly on my internet search and recommendations made by forum members. Looks Ardmore is coming as common name.
It's just so convenient. It's literally next door to a grocery store, hardware store, drug store, and restaurants. The best bagels in town are around the corner. Miller Park is close by and Ardmore's a good place to run or walk, if you're into that sort of thing. And you could walk to work in the time it would take you to drive from any of the other apartments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point