Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2017, 12:19 PM

78 posts, read 61,106 times

Advertisements

I have a relative who will be relocating to the Winston Salem Area in NC. Can anyone suggest apartments that offer good value in a safe area (low crime) Also amenities are a plus, gym, pool, washer, dryer, but not a deal breaker at all. Thank you all for any help you can provide! They will be moving by Dec 31st. Person moving is single in early 30's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2017, 06:59 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,975,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoochie View Post
I have a relative who will be relocating to the Winston Salem Area in NC.
They will be moving by Dec 31st. Person moving is single in early 30's
Start by considering the commute to work. 500 or more trips a year will add up.

Quote:
Can anyone suggest apartments that offer good value in a safe area (low crime)
Also amenities are a plus, gym, pool, washer, dryer, but not a deal breaker at all.
Search with those filters and you'll tend toward safe but also tend toward higher rates.
They'll also tend to be farther out from where most single 30somethings live.

Decide what really matters.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:15 AM

78 posts, read 61,106 times
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrational View Post
start by considering the commute to work. 500 or more trips a year will add up.

Search with those filters and you'll tend toward safe but also tend toward higher rates.
They'll also tend to be farther out from where most single 30somethings live.

Decide what really matters.

Old 12-14-2017, 01:21 AM

17 posts, read 43,233 times
Default Winston Salem Resident

There is a new apartment community that opened in downtown Winston recently. They have a certain number of units dedicated to income based occupancy. I don't recall the name but they are affiliated with a non profit that has Goler in the name. If you look up Goler or Goler Memorial Church you should be able to find a name and number that can help you out. There are so many nice communities here, it all depends on what your relative is looking for. If you need additional info please provide some specifics and I will tell you some communities or zip codes they might want to check out. Try Stafford Place apartment off Peters Creek Parkway in Winston Salem.

Old 12-19-2017, 01:05 PM

36 posts, read 50,994 times
I lived at The Stratford at Hillcrest Towne Center for a couple of years, and I loved it. Great staff, clean/new amenities, walking distance to food/gas/groceries, clean units, big pool, and super safe (they just built a police station on the edge of the neighborhood as well ha!). It's built in the middle of a True Homes development, so it doesn't have as much of an apartment complex feel to it. If I ever went back to apartment living, I'd definitely consider them again. Good luck!

Old 12-22-2017, 06:19 PM

21 posts, read 23,439 times
Try the 757 North Apartments, they are brand new & right in downtown

Old 12-23-2017, 06:37 PM

185 posts, read 199,279 times
back when I lived in Winston ( around 2001-2007)I use to live in the country club peace Haven intersection area . Lots of nice apts and the rent was cheap at the time. The last apt I had was a two bedroom and less then 600 bucks a month. I'm sure these days that price range would get only a one bedroom. I do have a friend that lives at Brookberry a upscale complex. He even has a neighborhood Walmart practically in the back yard and a Sheetz . They also have their own access to a green way walking trail.

Last edited by Chadfromnc; 12-23-2017 at 06:40 PM.. Reason: Had wrong apt complex name
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
View detailed profiles of: