Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 12:55 PM

2 posts, read 18,198 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a pediatrician in the greensboro/piedmont area who is open-minded to alternative vaccine schedules. Can anyone recommend someone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 07:13 PM

799 posts, read 3,225,672 times
I am interested in this question as well. We haven't moved to Greensboro yet, but I will let you know if we run across any when we do. Our baby is due in October. I would think that more Ped's would be willing to work with you though now that big case in out in the open. There was this couple, they have a daughter who received 9 vacs in one day and the next day she was autistic - like THAT, BAM! Perfectly normal child, I think around age 6 or 7 and then all of sudden she couldn't talk, etc. It's very sad, but maybe now someone will start listening to us.

Usually if you go to the doctor and say you're willing to space them out a month to avoid overload (you could say your family is very sensitive to vaccinations) they should be willing to work with you. If not, keep looking. A good connection to ask is an area chapter of attachment parenting. They know ALL the right places, they should be able to hook you up if you can find them.

Old 03-21-2008, 02:15 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,485,152 times
wow--9 vaccines in one day!? i have never even heard of that. when my son went for his first round of vaccines (back in NJ) i told the DR i prefer not to have the "combined" vaccine. he told me he would then need to give 5 needles instead of 3. i said fine with that. he spaced them out into 2 visits. his big vaccine is coming up at the age of 2. that one worries me because that is the one that seems to have changed normal babies. my son has never had more than 3 vaccs in one day.
some docs will say they have never heard/studies do not show that vaccines cause autism. it's because (my doc told me this) they only read certain journals and only go by what they write. they "ignore" anything else. i guess they have to have one place to read and trust in order not to get "false" info.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:38 AM

17 posts, read 90,431 times
Actually, there is no medical proof that vaccines cause autism. There are many things that have seemed to lead to autism, but cause and effect is not one of them. My mother in law works fighting for children with autism at the Cleveland Clinic Center for autism and does not believe that vaccines cause autism. I think she is pretty knowledgable about the condition and doesn't "ignore" anything. She is the one fighting for parents to get the childs care covered by insurance and school systems to cover the education. I think she would be looking for any link she could find to help these kids.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:10 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,485,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECUJenn View Post
Actually, there is no medical proof that vaccines cause autism. There are many things that have seemed to lead to autism, but cause and effect is not one of them. My mother in law works fighting for children with autism at the Cleveland Clinic Center for autism and does not believe that vaccines cause autism. I think she is pretty knowledgable about the condition and doesn't "ignore" anything. She is the one fighting for parents to get the childs care covered by insurance and school systems to cover the education. I think she would be looking for any link she could find to help these kids.
i did not mean to imply that Dr's are ignoring anything. what i meant was they only use the info in their medical journals, and ignore articles on the internet etc.
also, if you saw Jenny Mcarthy on Oprah, you will know why i worry

Old 04-04-2008, 03:49 PM

13 posts, read 52,379 times
Dr. Benjamin Pusser in Winston-Salem. Also, you can use Dr. Boette in Greensboro (you may have to call information for number - he isn't in yellow pages.) I use Dr. Pusser. I recently switched b/c my other doctor changed his policy and won't do an alternative schedule anymore. I would LOVE to talk to someone else in the area about vaccines. Please post again if you want to get together - Theresa.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:01 PM

2 posts, read 18,198 times
Got your msg. Theresa. Yes we should get together to talk about vaccines. I have a 6 month old and need to figure out what to do about vaccines and find a ped. I sent you a msg. with my contact info. If you didn't get it for some reason reply back to this. Thanks! -Larkin

Old 04-10-2008, 06:37 PM

1 posts, read 9,019 times
Hello to All,
I am new to Greensboro and am expecting my first child in July and I am interested in a pediatrician and one that will not give my kid 9 shots in one day as I read above. I was looking at some names in a list given to me and some are from Greensboro Pediatricians and were from Moses Cone Hospital. Does anyone know a good doctor in any of these two locations? I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you

Old 04-25-2008, 02:32 PM

1 posts, read 8,964 times
Advance Pediatrics in Advance, near Winston Salem will space out vaccines. 998-9742

Old 04-27-2008, 03:56 PM

1 posts, read 8,945 times
Hi everyone. I, too, am concerned about vaccines. My current ped is basically saying they cannot continue a relationship with us if we do not follow THEIR vaccine schedule and since I am not interested in taking undue risks with my child I am currently looking for a new practice. And I would love to discuss more about what you all are doing in terms of schedule for your kids. I have read that is is best to wait until 18 months to 2 years of age to begin vaccinations. Are you waiting this long?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point