Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 02:17 PM

2,064 posts, read 1,631,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
lol, no because there's a paywall in place.
The article says its a report from soemthing called Clever Real Estate, although this report from Clever Real Estate has G'boro 12th, W-S 13th and Durham/Chapel Hill 20th, so it may not be the exact same report:

https://listwithclever.com/real-esta...l-home-buyers/

In any event, the methodology is in there:

"We looked at the 100 most populated cities in the U.S. and ranked them against four key metrics: job opportunity, home affordability, livability, and housing market forecast. Here’s a simplified breakdown of each metric (view our full methodology below):

Job opportunity: A measure of income, wage growth, and unemployment

Home affordability: A measure of home values and price-to-income ratios

Livability: A measure of multiple factors millennials care about, such as commute times, crime rates, and education levels

Housing market forecast: A measure of how home values will appreciate over the next 12 months

We gave “livability” and “home affordability” more weight than “job opportunity” and “housing market forecast” because we wanted to prioritize places that are both affordable and fun to live in."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2019, 02:21 PM

37,838 posts, read 41,708,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
The report that the article is about wasn't hard to find:

https://listwithclever.com/real-esta...l-home-buyers/

If its not clickbait crap I'll be shocked.
Appreciate that.

Given the actual study, the title of this thread is quite misleading. This is a "best cities" kind of list that uses weighted factors of certain criteria. Migration trends actually play no role at all in the ranking.

Old 07-12-2019, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Appreciate that.

Given the actual study, the title of this thread is quite misleading. This is a "best cities" kind of list that uses weighted factors of certain criteria. Migration trends actually play no role at all in the ranking.
Well, the reason for the thread is, of course, to pump G'boro and therefore inflate someone's sense of self worth, so facts be damned.

Old 07-12-2019, 05:13 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,948,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
Well, the reason for the thread is, of course, to pump G'boro and therefore inflate someone's sense of self worth, so facts be damned.
hmm, while this thread is misleading to a certain degree, it does not detour from the fact that millenials are infact moving into the triad, while they are not "flocking" there is movement and the afordable living helps with that, however i notice you seem to have an unadultrated hate for the city of Greensboro and it's posters, which i find very odd, however Greensboro or "g'boro" from your point of view; is not the only city mentioned in this thread, yet you went out of your way to make it seem like that way for no reason other than to start drama. I'm also not sure on how this inflates "ones sense of self worth".

Old 07-12-2019, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zensteel View Post
hmm, while this thread is misleading to a certain degree, it does not detour from the fact that millenials are infact moving into the triad, while they are not "flocking" there is movement and the afordable living helps with that, however i notice you seem to have an unadultrated hate for the city of Greensboro and it's posters, which i find very odd, however Greensboro or "g'boro" from your point of view; is not the only city mentioned in this thread, yet you went out of your way to make it seem like that way for no reason other than to start drama. I'm also not sure on how this inflates "ones sense of self worth".
No idea what you're talking about, or where you got the idea I hate Greensboro; please provide some specific evidence leading you to that conclusion. Its my hometown and I grew up there. My parents still live there. I visit there frequently. My great-grandfather was mayor and I have very deep family roots in the city. I think its a great place. There are definitely a couple of posters on here are way over the top about it and I find them annoying, but I love G'boro. (I hope its ok with you if I abbreviate it that way)

Last edited by Edward Teach; 07-12-2019 at 06:54 PM..

Old 07-12-2019, 07:54 PM

I can't understand why you made it seem like i was only boosting greensboro, yet i'm boosting the triad?

Old 07-13-2019, 05:09 AM

6,152 posts, read 7,185,569 times
Over the top?

Old 07-13-2019, 08:17 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,150,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zensteel View Post
Everytime someone points out the obvious regarding the "BS" boosterism that occurs in these Triad threads, some of you guys resort to the same old tired complaints. "You're a troll", or "you hate Greeensboro," or "you're trying to start drama."

I agree with Edward on this. It must be tiresome constantly looking for tidbits of news about your city that will hopefully add some sense of importance and relevance to your lives.

Old 07-13-2019, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
Everytime someone points out the obvious regarding the "BS" boosterism that occurs in these Triad threads, some of you guys resort to the same old tired complaints. "You're a troll", or "you hate Greeensboro," or "you're trying to start drama."

I agree with Edward on this. It must be tiresome constantly looking for tidbits of news about your city that will hopefully add some sense of importance and relevance to your lives.
Okay, i'm just going to put this in the past and let bygones be bygones and move on.

Last edited by YinXyang; 07-13-2019 at 10:51 PM..

Old 07-14-2019, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Over the top?
Yep. WAAAAY over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point