Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2020, 08:44 AM

2,064 posts, read 1,643,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
If it occurred every day, PTI would have a lot more flights and High Point and the Triad would have a lot more hotels.
Lol, its not THAT big. Don't be ridiculous.

So what are the political reasons the ACC might move to Charlotte?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2020, 09:31 AM

6,157 posts, read 7,222,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
Lol, its not THAT big. Don't be ridiculous.

So what are the political reasons the ACC might move to Charlotte?

Old 02-09-2020, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Interesting that you won't explain your assertions. I guess they're not defendable.

Last edited by Edward Teach; 02-09-2020 at 09:55 AM..

Old 02-09-2020, 10:39 AM

569 posts, read 341,797 times
Quote:
What are these "political purposes" you guys are talking about?
Jim Boeheim and his like minded ilk, pushing for a change. If it moves, it won't be "down south" because this state is viewed as backwards to the elite. HB2 didn't help either.

Old 02-09-2020, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Raleigh View Post
Jim Boeheim and his like minded ilk, pushing for a change. If it moves, it won't be "down south" because this state is viewed as backwards to the elite. HB2 didn't help either.
What opinion on moving the ACC headquarters has Jim Boeheim ever provided?

I don't think HB2 has anything to do with anything at this point in time.

Old 02-09-2020, 11:53 AM

Jim seems to dislike Greensboro. However it's his like-minded ilk that would make a decision on relocating the ACC HQ, should that occur.

HB2 left a stain on this state that will take a long time to remove. Even though it was sort of repealed, the damage was already done.

Old 02-09-2020, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Jim seems to dislike Greensboro.
Oh please. Boeheim does not, in fact, seem to dislike Greensboro. Quite the opposite, actually:

"Boeheim has made it clear his remarks had nothing to do with G'boro itself:

"I like Greensboro," the Syracuse basketball coach said this afternoon on "The Scott Hamilton Show" on radio. "I like the people in Greensboro.

"The people in Greensboro treat us better than any place that I've been," Boeheim said. "I've been to New York; I've been to Connecticut for a tournament; I've played the tournament in Providence; I've played tournaments in Washington, D.C.; and we've played in a lot of NCAA tournaments. The people in Greensboro treat you better than any place."

He repeated that his answer was about what is best for the league, not a commentary about Greensboro nor its hospitality.

"It's not about that. It's not about that," he said today. "It's about what is the best place in terms of getting exposure and getting near recruits. And those are the major cities. ...

"I really don't care if they play in Greensboro. It's fine. I'm fine with that. But I know what the Big East got from playing in Madison Square Garden. It made the league. And right now, I think the ACC is the best league in the country. But at that time, the Big East was the best basketball league in the country. We got 11 teams into the tournament; the ACC got three. And a lot of that was from playing in Madison Square Garden.

"I love Greensboro. I think it's a great place, and I thought they did a great job with the tournament. We had the best hosts and treatment of any tournament that I've been at. I was only in Greensboro the one time. It was just my feelings about the whole thing. I'm so happy that Syracuse is in the ACC, and we've been received extremely well every venue, every place we've been. Trust me, going into the old Big East cities was a lot harder in terms of the fan reaction and the hostilities."

https://www.greensboro.com/sports/co...af49a8e44.html

Its quite obvious these "political purposes" don't actually exist. As I suspected.

Last edited by Edward Teach; 02-09-2020 at 01:28 PM..

Old 02-09-2020, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Oh please. Boeheim does not, in fact, seem to dislike Greensboro. Quite the opposite, actually:

"Boeheim has made it clear his remarks had nothing to do with G'boro itself:

"I like Greensboro," the Syracuse basketball coach said this afternoon on "The Scott Hamilton Show" on radio. "I like the people in Greensboro.

"The people in Greensboro treat us better than any place that I've been," Boeheim said. "I've been to New York; I've been to Connecticut for a tournament; I've played the tournament in Providence; I've played tournaments in Washington, D.C.; and we've played in a lot of NCAA tournaments. The people in Greensboro treat you better than any place."

He repeated that his answer was about what is best for the league, not a commentary about Greensboro nor its hospitality.

"It's not about that. It's not about that," he said today. "It's about what is the best place in terms of getting exposure and getting near recruits. And those are the major cities. ...

"I really don't care if they play in Greensboro. It's fine. I'm fine with that. But I know what the Big East got from playing in Madison Square Garden. It made the league. And right now, I think the ACC is the best league in the country. But at that time, the Big East was the best basketball league in the country. We got 11 teams into the tournament; the ACC got three. And a lot of that was from playing in Madison Square Garden.

"I love Greensboro. I think it's a great place, and I thought they did a great job with the tournament. We had the best hosts and treatment of any tournament that I've been at. I was only in Greensboro the one time. It was just my feelings about the whole thing. I'm so happy that Syracuse is in the ACC, and we've been received extremely well every venue, every place we've been. Trust me, going into the old Big East cities was a lot harder in terms of the fan reaction and the hostilities."

https://www.greensboro.com/sports/co...af49a8e44.html

Its quite obvious these "political purposes" don't actually exist. As I suspected.

That man was trying to walk back his original (what he really thought) comments. LOL.

Your quoted texts -in bold- reaffirms his original comments and do nothing to support your theories. He thinks that playing in Greensboro is not what's best for the league. In other words, he doesn't care for Greensboro as it relates to ACC basketball. He was trying to smooth over his original comments in this interview - you know, like a politician.

Last edited by Mr. Raleigh; 02-09-2020 at 01:50 PM..

Old 02-09-2020, 01:49 PM

Quote:

That man was trying to walk back his original (what he really thought) comments. LOL.

Your quoted texts -in bold- reaffirms his original comments and do nothing to support your theories. He thinks that playing in Greensboro is not what's best for the league. In other words, he doesn't care for Greensboro as it relates to ACC basketball.
Ok, sure thing.

Old 02-09-2020, 02:01 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,242,030 times
I'm pretty sure the "Greensboro has no value" comments was more Syracuse leaving the Big East and leaving the Big East Tournament in Madison Square Garden than anything else. Boeheim was not one who was in favor of conference relocation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point