Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2008, 12:21 PM

39 posts, read 119,167 times

Advertisements

My husband has accepted a position in Winston and now comes the hard part of trying to figure out where to live. We've narrowed it down to certain areas, based on the schools that we've been told are "good". However, a lot of the homes that we really like are in the Jefferson/Jefferson/Mt. Tabor zone and I've heard that Mt. Tabor High "isn't as good as it used to be". Could anyone enlighten me? The other high schools that we're considering being close to are W. Forsyth and Reagan. Your help would be really, really appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 12:59 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,549,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMOM View Post
My husband has accepted a position in Winston and now comes the hard part of trying to figure out where to live. We've narrowed it down to certain areas, based on the schools that we've been told are "good". However, a lot of the homes that we really like are in the Jefferson/Jefferson/Mt. Tabor zone and I've heard that Mt. Tabor High "isn't as good as it used to be". Could anyone enlighten me? The other high schools that we're considering being close to are W. Forsyth and Reagan. Your help would be really, really appreciated. Thanks.
One word...............................CLEMMONS.

West Forsyth is a good school and you can NOT beat Clemmons. Clemmons has become quite upscale and one of the (if not the) place to live in Forsyth County. A great place to raise a family...plus you can be in the Hanes Mall area in under 10 minutes and downtown Winston-Salem in 15-20.

GOOD LUCK!

Old 04-30-2008, 02:21 PM

247 posts, read 997,522 times
I agree. If you like that general area I would look into Clemmons. West Forsyth is a decent high school. Mt Tabor has some issues.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:23 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,270,016 times
I agree with what's been said. Reagan has a good reputation too.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:16 AM

39 posts, read 119,167 times
Default Clemmons

OK, so we'll focus on Clemmons!! Thank you for the advice. Now, any suggestions for subdivisions (not necessarily new construction) that goes to Reagan or W. Forsyth. We would like to stay under $325K. Thank you so much.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:22 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,549,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMOM View Post
OK, so we'll focus on Clemmons!! Thank you for the advice. Now, any suggestions for subdivisions (not necessarily new construction) that goes to Reagan or W. Forsyth. We would like to stay under $325K. Thank you so much.
I would personally drive to Clemmons and deal with a Clemmons realtor. One who is local and knows the area inside out. GREAT place to raise a family and very convenient to everything in Winston-Salem. You will find yourself going to the Hanes Mall area (no matter where you live in the Winston-Salem area) and you can be there in under 10 minutes.

Clemmons has a VERY good name. Use to be Country...now Upscale!

Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point